Helicopter flights in Tasmania: A guide to where, when and the best deals
Take to the skies above Tasmania with one of these top helicopter flights.
Updated . What changed?
With its sea cliffs, national parks, sprawling lakes and seemingly endless strips of beach, Tasmania offers so much to see from the air.
Here’s a round-up of the top helicopter flight itineraries in the region, and a guide to prices, booking options and what you should do if you want to fly high.
Where can I book helicopter flights in Tasmania and surrounding areas?
Does your company belong in this list?
Helicopter flights in Tasmania deals
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|23 Sep 2020||Extra 10% off Australia activities with code||RBF****|
|23 Sep 2020||Up to 75% off local deals + Extra 10% off with code||EXT****|
|19 Aug 2020||Extra $10 off site-wide with code||FDR****|
|22 Sep 2020||Brisbane Story Bridge climb from $139 + Extra $10 off with code||FDR****|
|9 Sep 2020||Up to 20% off experiences for 2 + Extra 10% off with code||RBF****|
Where can I do helicopter flights in Tasmania?
- Rotorlift - Hobart, Port Arthur, Huon Valley
- Osborne Heli Tours - Port Arthur, Stanley
- Cradle Mountain Helicopters - Lake St Clair National Park
- Par-Avion Wilderness Tours - Hobart, Port Arthur, Bruny Island
Our hit picks of experiences you can book online now
Best for price:
15-Minute Sea Cliffs and Convicts Helicopter Flight from Port Arthur from Viator
- Spend 15-minutes in the air for just over $100
- See Cape Hauy, Fortescue Bay and sections of the marathon Three Capes walking track from above
- Keep an eye out for fearless rock climbers scaling the Candlestick sea cliff
Best for value:
Scenic Helicopter Flight and Lunch at Frogmore Creek Wines from RedBalloon
- Take off from Cambridge
- Fly over the Tasmanian countryside for 20 minutes for just $325
- Touchdown at Frogmore Creek winery
- Do a spot of wine tasting before sitting down to lunch
Best for experience length:
Private Tour: Tasmanian Whisky Distilleries by Helicopter from Hobart from Viator
- Visit three whisky distilleries by private helicopter
- See the city of Hobart, Mount Wellington, the River Derwent and the Coal Valley from above
- Spend 4.5 hours indulging in it all
Best for views:
Port Arthur and Tasman Island Flight from Experience Oz
- Soar over some of the tallest sea cliffs in the world
- Look down on sections of crag that are 300 metres tall
- Spend a whole hour in the sky
- See Seven Mile Beach and the Tasman Bridge from above, too
Helicopter flights in Tasmania compared
|Book with||Price||Travels over||Duration||Extras/inclusions|
|ExperienceOz||$175-595||Hobart CBD, Port Arthur, Tasman Island||20-60 minutes||N/A|
|RedBalloon||$290-$1,998||Hobart, Mt Wellington, River Derwent, Coal Valley, Tasman Bridge, Tasman Island, Port Arthur||15 minutes to full day experiences||Some packages include lunch or wine tasting|
|Viator||$189-$999||Hobart, Mt Wellington, River Derwent, Coal Valley, Tasman Bridge||1-4.5 hour experiences||Some packages include lunch or wine tasting|
Ask an Expert