Get a whole new perspective on Melbourne with a bird’s-eye view of famous sites.
If you’ve ever wanted to experience a scenic tour from the air then Melbourne is certainly a great place to pick.
You can indulge in sweeping views of Victoria’s coast and Melbourne’s skyline while feeling like a celebrity during a private helicopter tour.
Choose a shorter flight to sample some inner-city sights or opt for an hour of scenery overload.
Helicopter flight in Melbourne deals
Popular Tourist Attractions & Experiences coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|26 Jun 2019||Up to 15% off site-wide with code||MEG****|
|25 Jun 2019||Extra 10% off whale watching with code||FIN****|
|16 Apr 2019||Up to 67% off + extra $15 off with code||EXT****|
|15 Apr 2019||$30 off activities and experiences||SUM****|
|9 Apr 2019||Up to 50% off experiences + extra 10% off with code||FIN****|
Where can I get helicopter flights in Melbourne?
Thanks to Melbourne’s unique surroundings, you can choose a helicopter flight to experience city, coastal and country landscapes.
Flights depart from various locations in and around Melbourne including:
- Essendon Airport
- Phillip Island Airport
- Geelong Airport
- Moorabbin Airport
Our top picks of helicopter flights you can book:
Best for price: Helicopter flight over Victoria's southern coastline from RedBalloon
- 7-minute scenic helicopter flight taking in Victoria's coastline
- Enjoy commentary on the landscape by your pilot
- Photo opportunities at the start of the Great Ocean Road
- Flight for two people costs just $140
Best for value: Melbourne Heli family flight from RedBalloon
- Helicopter flight over Melbourne for 4 for $399
- Fly in a luxury helicopter normally reserved for VIPs and celebrities
- Take in aerial views of Flemington racetrack, Docklands, Etihad stadium, Eureka Tower and Albert Park
- 12 minutes of fast and exciting flying time
Best for experience length: Mornington Peninsula and Port Phillip coast helicopter tour from Viator
- Enjoy a one-hour Mornington Peninsula scenic helicopter flight
- Hear informative commentary from the pilot while in flight via radio headset
- Take in city sights such as St Kilda, Albert Park and the Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Get a bird’s eye view of the Victoria coast
Best for views: Helicopter scenic flight through the beautiful Yarra Valley from Adrenaline
- A tranquil flight around the world-renowned Yarra Valley
- Start your experience at Rochford wines, one of Yarra Valley’s popular wineries
- Fly in a luxury air-conditioned helicopters with a guaranteed window seat
- Includes in-flight headsets so you can talk to the pilot or fellow passengers
Helicopter flight companies compared
|RedBalloon||$140||Minimum 7 minutes|
|Viator||$210||From 25 minutes|