Heartland Seniors Finance Secondary Property Reverse Mortgage
If you own an investment property or holiday home, you could be able to tap into your equity to fund your retirement.
If you're over the age of 60, your holiday home or investment property could help provide you much-needed retirement funds through the Heartland Seniors Finance Secondary Property Reverse Mortgage.
Adam Smith was the home loans editor at Finder.
Instead of making regular repayments, the Heartland Seniors Finance Secondary Property Reverse Mortgage calculates your interest and adds it to your original loan amount. The loan is then repaid when the property is sold or the last reverse mortgage customer passes away.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Heartland Seniors Finance Secondary Property Reverse Mortgage?
- Loan amount and loan to value ratio. The Heartland Seniors Finance Secondary Property Reverse Mortgage carries a minimum borrowing amount of $5,000 and no maximum borrowing amount. You can borrow up to 33.75% of the equity in your home.
- Eligibility. To qualify for a reverse mortgage through Heartland Seniors Finance, you must be 60 years of age or older.
- Repayment flexibility. Though you're not required to make regular repayments, the Heartland Seniors Finance Secondary Property Reverse Mortgage allows you to make unlimited optional repayments.
- Security type. You can use either a holiday home or investment property as security for the loan.
- Payment type. Your payments can be disbursed either as a line of credit or a regular set income. You can also access lump sum repayments. The minimum amount is $2,500 and there's a $60 fee.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Valuation fee: $350. Heartland Seniors Finance waives this fee for properties valued under $2 million.
- Settlement fee: $495. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with funding your reverse mortgage.
- Discharge fee:$395. This fee is charged when you repay your reverse mortgage.
How to apply
If you've sought financial advice, compared your reverse mortgage options and think the Heartland Seniors Finance Secondary Property Reverse Mortgage suits your needs, click the green button above. You'll be directed to the Heartland Seniors Finance website, where you'll be guided through your application. Remember, you'll need help from a solicitor to review your reverse mortgage agreement.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.