Earn points and bonus rewards with Qantas Health Insurance.
Qantas has recently entered the health insurance market and is currently offering a range of health insurance policies that gives you value for money even if you do not get sick. By signing up with Qantas Assure, you may be eligible for the following on select covers:
- 50,000 bonus Qantas Points when you sign up for a Top Hospital and Top Extras Cover for couples and families.
- 20,000 more Qantas Points for every year that you stay active with the Assure App.
- An option to choose a free Apple Watch to make using the Assure App even easier.
- 1 bonus Qantas Point per dollar spent on premiums.
Qantas Assure is issued by NIB and made available by Qantas. The following are some of the unique benefits that make this health insurer stand out:
- Receive discounted prices if you are an existing Qantas Frequent Flyer or become a complimentary member if you sign up.
- Get free Qantas Points throughout the life of your policy and extra rewards for joining.
- Choose from single, couple, family or single-parent plans to get a policy more tailored to your needs and budget.
Qantas Assure offers hospital cover, which allows you to access private hospitals, and extras cover that pays benefits towards medical treatment outside of the hospital, such as dentist check-ups, optical services and physiotherapy. Simply select the type of health insurance you are interested in below to view what is covered by each policy tier.
Qantas Assure hospital policies
You can find the waiting periods for hospital cover below this table.
|Treatment||Basic Hospital||Basic Plus Hospital||Mid Hospital||Advanced Hospital||Top Hospital|
|Cancer treatments (PBS approved)|
|Cochlear implant surgery & bone anchored|
|Eye treatments and surgery|
|Grommets in ears|
|Pregnancy and birth-related services|
|Removal of gallstones|
|Tonsil and adenoid removal|
|All other non-excluded Medicare services|
Qantas Assure extras policies
- The percentage amount in brackets next to each extras policy is the portion of the cost that you can claim on services.
- Annual benefit limits are applied to the majority of extras services, which is the maximum amount you can claim per year.
- Waiting periods also apply, which you can find below this table.
|Treatment||Basic Extras (60%)||Family Extras (60%)||Lifestyle Extras (60%)||Active Extras (65%)||Top Extras (75%)|
|Antenatal and postnatal classes|
|Healthy living programs|
|Hearing aids and speech processors|
|Home nursing services|
Yes, waiting periods apply to both Qantas Assure hospital and extras policies. You can find the amount of time you have to wait before being able to claim services below. If you're switching from another and have comparable cover your waiting limits will be recognised.
Exclusions are conditions under which the insurer will not pay a benefit and even the most comprehensive policies typically have some. Qantas Assure's exclusions include the following:
- Procedures that take place within waiting periods. You must serve the waiting period before you can make a claim.
- Hospital cover for Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) medications. Non-PBS items are covered by extras.
- Hospital expenses other than medical treatments, such as beauty services, hospital pay phones and car parking.
- Non-approved providers. You can choose your own provider, but they must be suitably qualified and recognised.
- No hospital cover for non-essential treatments unless covered by the terms of the policy.
If you are found to have violated the terms of your health insurance policy, such as hiding pre-existing medical conditions, then the insurer reserves the right to refuse a claim.
The benefits offered by Qantas Assure make it an effective choice for people who travel frequently and love their active lifestyles. You can find the criteria for receiving these rewards below.
If you are not sure whether your health insurance policy covers an upcoming medical procedure or treatment, it may be a good idea to check with the practitioner or your provider ahead of time to make sure it is claimable. Once you have confirmed that your treatment is eligible, you have several options available for lodging a claim:
- You can lodge hospital claims through the member portal on the Qantas Assure website.
- You can use your membership card to claim medical extras if the facility where you received treatment has a HICAPS terminal.
- If you are unsure of how to go about claiming, you can contact the Qantas Assure team directly at 13 49 60.
- Health insurance tiers to make buying and comparing cover easier for Australians
- Last day to lock in EOFY health insurance deals
- ACCC questions lack of transparency in private health
- Nearly 30% of Australian breast cancer patients who have a lumpectomy will need more surgery
- Turned 31 in the last year?
- Save on health insurance with these 19 end of financial year deals