Get more out of your health cover with a bonus-loaded policy.
Hospital cover health insurance allows you to access private hospitals more affordably and public hospitals more quickly, while extras cover can pay for the things that Medicare won’t. This range of advantages means that a lot of Australians depend on private health insurance for their day-to-day wellbeing.
Because of this, a lot of people can benefit from making sure their private health insurance policy not only delivers the right cover, but also comes with an impressive range of bonuses and extras. Qantas Assure does exactly this, letting you earn Qantas Points as you pay premiums and delivering more advantages for staying in shape. Qantas Assure gives you value for your health insurance even if you don’t get sick.
- Get 50,000 bonus Qantas Points when you sign up for a Top Hospital and Top Extras singles policy, or when you choose from a range of family options.
- Get 15,000 more Qantas Points for every year that you stay active with the Assure App.
- Get 1 bonus Qantas Point per dollar spent on premiums.
Qantas Assure is underwritten by QBE, issued by NIB and made available by Qantas, who earns commission on sales and provides the special advantages that make this policy stand out. Qantas Assure has options for singles, couples, families and single parents, who all have access to the same range of policies.
- Qantas Assure recognises loyalty programs from other insurers, so you can keep the advantages you’ve accrued from your old provider while also getting new bonuses from switching to Qantas.
- Choose from single, couples, family or single parent plans to get a policy more tailored to your situation in terms of limits and costs.
- Choose hospital cover for more access to high quality treatment in Australia’s private hospitals and clinics and for more options in public hospitals.
- Get complimentary Qantas Points throughout the life of your policy and free bonuses just for signing up.
Choose your hospital cover
|Treatment||Basic Hospital||Mid Hospital||Advanced Hospital||Top Hospital|
|Cancer treatments (PBS approved)|
|Eye treatments and surgery|
|Grommets in ears|
|Palliative care||MBP only|
|Pregnancy and birth-related services|
|Psychiatric treatment||MBP only||MBP only||MBP only|
|Removal of gallstones|
|Tonsils and adenoids removal|
|All other non-excluded Medicare services|
Choose your extras cover
|Benefit||Waiting period||Basic Extras (60% back) annual limits||Family Extras (60% back) annual limits||Lifestyle Extras (60% back) annual limits||Top Extras (75% back) annual limits|
|Ambulance||1 day||No limit||No limit||No limit||No limit|
|Antenatal and postnatal classes||2 months||$200||$250|
|General dental||2 months||$600||$600||$600||$1,000|
|Major dental||12 months||$600||$600||$600||$1,300|
|Preventative dental||2 months||No limit||No limit||No limit||No limit|
|Dietary advice||2 months||$600|
|Exercise physiology||2 months||$300|
|Eye therapy||2 months||$200|
|Health aids||12 months||$250||$250||$500|
|Healthy living programs||6 months||$150||$200|
|Hearing aids and speech processors||36 months||$1,200|
|Home nursing services||2 months||$200|
|Natural therapies||2 months||$150||$300||$400|
|Occupational therapy||2 months||$450|
|Optical appliances||6 months||$250||$250||$250||$350|
|Orthodontics||2 months||Up to $1,500||Up to $2,600|
|Pharmaceutical prescriptions||2 months||$100||$150||$150||$500|
|Preventative tests||6 months||$100||$100||$200|
|Speech therapy||2 months||$350||$450|
- Claim 60-75% of costs back with Qantas Assure Health Insurance extras.
- The limits listed here are annual limits, and are the maximum you can claim per calendar year.
- Waiting periods are how long you have to have held the policy for before you can claim certain treatments.
Exclusions are conditions in which the insurance policy will not pay a benefit and even the most robust cover will typically have some. Qantas Assure Health Insurance exclusions include:
- Procedures that take place within waiting periods. You can only claim for a procedure after the waiting period outlined above.
- Hospital cover for pharmaceuticals available under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS). You will need extras cover to subsidise the cost of PBS-listed medications.
- Hospital expenses other than medical treatments. This policy will not cover beauty services, use of hospital pay phones, car parking or similar hospital expenses.
- Non-approved providers. You can choose your own provider, but they must be suitably qualified and recognised.
- No hospital cover for non-essential treatments unless covered by the terms of the policy.
If you are found to have violated the terms of your health insurance policy, such as by hiding pre-existing medical conditions, then your insurer reserves the right to refuse a claim.
The excess is a fee payable for hospital claims and is the amount you must pay before you can start claiming your health insurance. Qantas Assure gives you a choice of excess options so that you can choose a higher excess for lower premiums or a lower excess for higher premiums.
Qantas Assure is only for Australian citizens and permanent residents, or overseas visitors who are from one of these RHCA countries.
If you currently have overseas visitor health cover insurance with NIB and are transitioning to Australian residency then you can switch to Qantas Assure and keep all your loyalty bonuses.
The benefits offered by Qantas Assure make it an effective choice for families and couples who love their active lifestyles and want to keep staying in shape together. The rewards and bonuses on offer are only available with select policies. If you’re signing up as a couple or a family, you can receive bonus offers through:
- Top Hospital + Top Extras (singles with this cover can also get the same rewards)
- Top Hospital + Lifestyle Extras
- Top Hospital + Family Extras
- Advanced Hospital + Top Extras
- Mid Hospital + Top Extras
Rewards on offer include:
- Get 50,000 Qantas Points on registration
- Choose an Apple Watch to integrate with the Assure fitness app
- Get up to 15,000 bonus Qantas Points per year for using the Assure fitness app
- Get another Qantas Point for every dollar spent on premiums paid over the course of your policy, excluding certain rebates
Find a policy that not only delivers effective health cover options, but also rewards you every step of the way.
Earn more rewards by staying loyal to your own health. Qantas Assure will recognise waiting periods served with other providers so that you can make your well-being the top priority.
You can also receive discounted prices if you’re already a Qantas Frequent Flyer, or you can get complimentary membership during signup if you’re not.
If you’re not sure whether an upcoming medical procedure or treatment is covered by your health insurance policy, it may be a good idea to check with the practitioner or your insurer ahead of time to make sure it’s claimable.
Make sure you know this before commencing treatment, because the claims process with Qantas Assure is most streamlined and straightforward if you know precisely what’s covered.
- You will receive a Qantas Assure customer card, which can be used to claim medical extras just by swiping it on the spot. Familiarise yourself with the limits and conditions of your cover to use it more effectively.
- Make claims for hospital treatment online at the Qantas Assure website. Just add your details to your online account when you sign up so it’s all ready to go if you need to make a claim.
- If you’re ever unsure of how to make a claim, or you want to know more, call the Qantas Assure team at 13 49 60.
Can I sign up for Qantas Assure if I’m not a Qantas Frequent Flyer?
Yes. However, you’ll need to be a Frequent Flyer to get all the benefits of this policy, so signup is free for all policyholders.
Can I update my cover?
Yes. If your family grows or shrinks, or your needs change, you can adjust your level of cover.
Does Qantas Assure have any benefits overseas?
It’s a policy for travellers, but it’s still health insurance, not travel insurance, and it does not provide cover overseas. Instead, you can freeze or temporarily cancel your Qantas Assure cover while travelling to save money.
Are there any special excess terms to be aware of?
Yes. You should know that if you’re on a family policy you won’t have to pay any hospital excesses for listed dependent children up to the age of 21. This is one of the benefits active families can enjoy with Qantas Assure.
What is the cooling-off period?
The cooling-off period is the period in which you can cancel your policy and get a full refund, minus some costs and conditions. After the cooling-off period you are no longer necessarily entitled to any refund at all. With Qantas Assure, you have a 30 days after taking out a policy to cancel and receive a full refund.
Who exactly is covered by my policy?
You can cover yourself and your entire family as needed with the range of policies available. Anyone who is listed on the policy, regardless of whether it’s as the policyholder, a spouse or a dependent, is covered, although the benefits available may vary for each.