Kogan is synonymous with value for money and now, backed by one of Australia's largest health providers ahm, they provide health insurance for combined hospital and extras cover.
With a range of offers running all the time to those who sign up, Kogan aim to provide the same value and service with insurance that they are known for elsewhere in Australia.
Top 3 features
- Good for offering deals when you sign up to ahm combined cover through Kogan health.
- Good for using a reliable and trusted health insurance provider.
- Beware if you are looking for hospital or extras only cover.
Who is Kogan Health Insurance?
Kogan.com is a collection of retail and service businesses that include Kogan Retail, Marketplace, Mobile, Internet, Insurance and more. Founded by Ruslan Kogan in 2006, it is a household name throughout Australia. While Kogan provide a range of different goods and services, their focus is on making popular products more affordable and widely accessible.
What health insurance options are available?
Signing up with Kogan health insurance is simple and straightforward. With different offers running throughout the year, you just need to click the link on Kogan's health insurance page which will redirect you to ahm's website, specifically, the combined hospital and extras product page. After you choose a policy, you'll be able to enter the promo code you received. Here are your policy options:
- Starter Flexi Basic. For the young and healthy looking for basic cover, the Starter pack gives you essential hospital services and some treatment that isn't available with Medicare, such as dental.
- Essentials Flexi Basic Plus. This policy meets the minimum clinical categories required for a 'basic' rating, plus dental surgery, hernia and appendix, joint reconstructions and tonsils, adenoids and grommets.
- Lite Flexi Bronze Plus. This policy covers everything needed to be categorized as 'bronze', plus back, neck and spine, dental surgery and lung and chest services.
- Classic Flexi Silver Plus. This is a good option for completed families and couples not intending on starting a family just yet. It also comes with no-gap dental check-ups with some dentists.
- Deluxe Flexi Silver Plus. Ideal for elderly couples and completed families, the Deluxe package comes with a loyalty bonus and hospital services including joint replacements, cataracts, dialysis for chronic kidney failure, insulin pumps, sleep studies and more. It's a comprehensive option that's good for anyone with on-going health problems.
Information on tiersKogan have partnered up with ahm who have recently changed their policies to incorporate the new government reforms. These changes make it easier for you to find and compare cover as insurers are now required to offer specific services in order to qualify for either basic, bronze, silver or gold ratings. For instance, if you want comprehensive cover but don't want to pay for pregnancy services, you know to look at silver rated products.
- No gap dental check-ups: You'll get 100% back on dental check-ups with certain dentists.
- Rewards for loyalty: Get an increased extras limit each full financial year for five years.
- Your choice of provider: Receive the same benefits at most recognised providers.
How to make a claim
Because you are signing up to Kogan Health Insurance through ahm, you will deal with ahm when making a claim. Claiming is simple and straightforward and can be done in the following ways:
- On the spot: Swipe your member card at the providers' office and pay any remaining balance directly.
- Online: Log in to your online account and lodge a claim, providing the details of payment from your receipt.
- By post: Fill out a claim form and submit it along with your receipt.