Looking for health insurance? Find out if Kogan Health is right for you.
Kogan is a name synonymous with value for money and now, backed by one of Australia’s largest health funds Medibank, Kogan.com has entered the health insurance market with Kogan Health Insurance.
If you want to control how your money is spent on extras and cover that offers value for more, read on to find out more about Kogan’s range of hospital and extras packages.
What policy options are available?
Kogan Health Insurance offers a choice of Hospital & Extras packages and Hospital & Extras flexi packages.
Hospital & Extras packages
- Hospital. Accident and ambulance plus partial cover for rehabilitation, palliative care and psychology.
- Extras. Routine dental, complex dental, physio, chiro and osteo.
- Hospital. Lite includes everything covered by Starter with higher annual limits plus cover for wisdom teeth, removal of tonsils and adenoids, removal of appendix, joint investigations and reconstructions, minor gynaecology and grommets in ears.
- Extras. Lite includes everything covered by Starter with higher annual limits plus natural therapies and 100% back on optical up to your annual limit.
- Hospital. Boost includes everything covered by Lite with higher annual limits plus no excess for kids and cover for brain surgery, colonoscopies, bowel surgery, cancer therapies and all services covered by Medicare.
- Extras. Boost includes everything covered by Lite with higher annual limits plus no-gap dental check-ups at selected dentists.
- Hospital. Classic includes everything covered by Boost with higher annual limits plus cover for rehabilitation, palliative care, heart, contraceptive procedures and vasectomy, hysterectomy, nerve pain treatment, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and vascular and varicose vein surgery.
- Extras. Classic includes everything covered by Boost with higher annual limits plus podiatry and orthotics.
- Hospital. Deluxe includes everything covered by Classic with higher annual limits plus cover for dialysis, major eye surgery, spinal fusion and all joint replacements.
- Extras. Deluxe includes everything covered by Classic with higher annual limits plus major dental.
Hospital & Extras flexi packages
These include Entry Flexi, Lite Flexi, Boost Flexi, Classic Flexi and Deluxe Flexi, which provide the same levels of cover as Starter, Lite, Boost, Classic and Deluxe but with lower annual limits.
The difference with Kogan Hospital & Extras flexi packages is that you can spend up to the annual limit on any included extras you want and, as a reward for your loyalty, that limit increases every year for five consecutive years.
Are there any bonus benefits?
Kogan Health Insurance offers a range of benefits, including:
- Greater flexibility. Get the power to spend your extras however you want with Kogan Health’s Hospital & Extras flexi packages.
- Rewards for loyalty. Get an increased extras limit each full financial year for five years.
- Your choice of provider. Receive the same benefits at most recognised providers.
Paying your Kogan Health Insurance premiums
Your premiums can be paid fortnightly, monthly or annually and there are several ways you can pay, including:
- Direct debit. Set up a regular payment from your nominated bank account or credit card.
- BPAY. Make payments from your online bank account.
- Online. Payments can be made using your Visa or MasterCard in the members’ section online.
- Phone. Pay your premiums by credit card over the phone 24/7.
- Mail. Send a cheque with your name and member number on the back.
Is there anything I cannot claim for?
General exclusions which are typical to most Australian health funds including Kogan Health Insurance can be found below:
- Charges above the Medicare Benefits Schedule fee, unless your doctor participates in GapCover.
- Charges above the minimum benefit for surgically implanted prostheses.
- The cost of your accommodation or theatre fees at a non-agreement hospital.
- Any accommodation charges above the default benefit for restricted services.
- Treatment during a waiting period, while your premiums are in arrears or your membership is suspended.
- Personal items such as phone calls, faxes, TV, internet and newspapers while in hospital.
- Take-home bandages and dressings or medication not related to your hospitalisation.
- Service providers not directly employed by the hospital you’re treated in.
- Most non-PBS drugs and services not covered by Medicare.
- Any services received overseas or purchased outside Australia.
- Cosmetic treatment.
- Claims are that are covered by a third party.
How do I make a claim?
You can lodge a claim with Kogan Health Insurance in the following ways:
- On the spot. Swipe your member card at the providers’ office and pay any remaining balance directly.
- Online. Log in to your online account and lodge a claim, providing the details of payment from your receipt.
- By post. Fill out a claim form and submit it along with your receipt.