Kogan Health Insurance
Kogan Health has partnered with ahm health insurance to provide you with exclusive offers on hospital and extras.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Kogan is known for value for money and now, backed by one of Australia's largest health providers ahm, they provide health insurance for combined hospital and extras cover.
With a range of offers running year-round, Kogan offers its customers the quality health insurance they need with at an affordable cost.
Top 3 features
- Good for offering deals when you sign up to ahm combined cover through Kogan health.
- Good for using a reliable and trusted health insurance provider.
- Beware if you are looking for hospital or extras only cover.
Who is Kogan Health Insurance?
Kogan.com is a collection of retail and service businesses that include Kogan Retail, Marketplace, Mobile, Internet, Insurance and more. Founded by Ruslan Kogan in 2006, it is a household name throughout Australia. While Kogan provides a range of different goods and services, their focus is on making popular products more affordable and widely accessible.
What health insurance options are available?
Signing up with Kogan health insurance is simple and straightforward. With different offers running throughout the year, you just need to click the link on Kogan's health insurance page which will redirect you to ahm's website, specifically, the combined hospital and extras product page. After you choose a policy, you'll be able to enter the promo code you received. Here are your policy options:
- Starter Flexi Basic. For the young and healthy looking for basic cover, the Starter pack gives you essential hospital services and some treatment that isn't available with Medicare, such as dental.
- Essentials Flexi Basic Plus. This policy meets the minimum clinical categories required for a 'basic' rating, plus dental surgery, hernia and appendix, joint reconstructions and tonsils, adenoids and grommets.
- Lite Flexi Bronze Plus. This policy covers everything needed to be categorized as 'bronze', plus back, neck and spine, dental surgery and lung and chest services.
- Classic Flexi Silver Plus. This is a good option for completed families and couples not intending on starting a family just yet. It also comes with no-gap dental check-ups with some dentists.
- Deluxe Flexi Silver Plus. Ideal for elderly couples and completed families, the Deluxe package comes with a loyalty bonus and hospital services including joint replacements, cataracts, dialysis for chronic kidney failure, insulin pumps, sleep studies and more. It's a comprehensive option that's good for anyone with on-going health problems.
Information on tiersKogan have partnered up with ahm who have recently changed their policies to incorporate the new government reforms. These changes make it easier for you to find and compare cover as insurers are now required to offer specific services in order to qualify for either basic, bronze, silver or gold ratings. For instance, if you want comprehensive cover but don't want to pay for pregnancy services, you know to look at silver rated products.
- No gap dental check-ups: You'll get 100% back on dental check-ups with certain dentists.
- Rewards for loyalty: Get an increased extras limit each full financial year for five years.
- Your choice of provider: Receive the same benefits at most recognised providers.
How to make a claim
Because you are signing up to Kogan Health Insurance through ahm, you will deal with ahm when making a claim. Claiming is simple and straightforward and can be done in the following ways:
- On the spot: Swipe your member card at the providers' office and pay any remaining balance directly.
- Online: Log in to your online account and lodge a claim, providing the details of payment from your receipt.
- By post: Fill out a claim form and submit it along with your receipt.
More guides on Finder
Top work perks: Aussies want more paid leave and insurance post-COVID
Finder asked 1,066 Australians about the top three perks they’d like their employer to provide in a post-COVID workplace. Flexibility, more leave and company health insurance topped the list.
1 October price hike: Aussies urged to do a health check on their insurance
Finder research shows that Australians have just under one week to beat the health insurance price increase on 1 October.
Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance – Bronze (Hospital)
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance - Bronze (Hospital).
Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance – Silver (Hospital)
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance - Silver (Hospital).
Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance – Gold (Hospital)
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance - Gold (Hospital).
Millions of Aussies will pay more for health insurance from October
Planned price hikes were paused in April due to COVID. Now, they're back on.
How health insurance could save you cash in tax time 2020
There's still time to get your health insurance sorted and prevent an unnecessary fee down the line.
Final days before thousands of Aussies are hit with health insurance penalty
Over 31s and high earners could be in for an unpleasant surprise if they don't act now.
Tax time: One million Australians paying health cover penalty
Thousands of young Australians only have one week left to take out health insurance to avoid the Lifetime Health Cover Loading penalty, according to new research by Finder, Australia's most visited comparison site.
Aussie health funds offer EOFY bargains
Find out how you could save hundreds of dollars on your health insurance.