Kogan Health Insurance
Kogan Health has partnered with ahm health insurance to provide you with exclusive offers on hospital and extras.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Kogan is known for value for money and now, backed by one of Australia's largest health providers ahm, they provide health insurance for combined hospital and extras cover.
With a range of offers running year-round, Kogan offers its customers the quality health insurance they need with at an affordable cost.
Top 3 features
- Good for offering deals when you sign up to ahm combined cover through Kogan health.
- Good for using a reliable and trusted health insurance provider.
- Beware if you are looking for hospital or extras only cover.
Who is Kogan Health Insurance?
Kogan.com is a collection of retail and service businesses that include Kogan Retail, Marketplace, Mobile, Internet, Insurance and more. Founded by Ruslan Kogan in 2006, it is a household name throughout Australia. While Kogan provides a range of different goods and services, their focus is on making popular products more affordable and widely accessible.
What health insurance options are available?
Signing up with Kogan health insurance is simple and straightforward. With different offers running throughout the year, you just need to click the link on Kogan's health insurance page which will redirect you to ahm's website, specifically, the combined hospital and extras product page. After you choose a policy, you'll be able to enter the promo code you received. Here are your policy options:
- Starter Flexi Basic. For the young and healthy looking for basic cover, the Starter pack gives you essential hospital services and some treatment that isn't available with Medicare, such as dental.
- Essentials Flexi Basic Plus. This policy meets the minimum clinical categories required for a 'basic' rating, plus dental surgery, hernia and appendix, joint reconstructions and tonsils, adenoids and grommets.
- Lite Flexi Bronze Plus. This policy covers everything needed to be categorized as 'bronze', plus back, neck and spine, dental surgery and lung and chest services.
- Classic Flexi Silver Plus. This is a good option for completed families and couples not intending on starting a family just yet. It also comes with no-gap dental check-ups with some dentists.
- Deluxe Flexi Silver Plus. Ideal for elderly couples and completed families, the Deluxe package comes with a loyalty bonus and hospital services including joint replacements, cataracts, dialysis for chronic kidney failure, insulin pumps, sleep studies and more. It's a comprehensive option that's good for anyone with on-going health problems.
Information on tiersKogan have partnered up with ahm who have recently changed their policies to incorporate the new government reforms. These changes make it easier for you to find and compare cover as insurers are now required to offer specific services in order to qualify for either basic, bronze, silver or gold ratings. For instance, if you want comprehensive cover but don't want to pay for pregnancy services, you know to look at silver rated products.
- No gap dental check-ups: You'll get 100% back on dental check-ups with certain dentists.
- Rewards for loyalty: Get an increased extras limit each full financial year for five years.
- Your choice of provider: Receive the same benefits at most recognised providers.
How to make a claim
Because you are signing up to Kogan Health Insurance through ahm, you will deal with ahm when making a claim. Claiming is simple and straightforward and can be done in the following ways:
- On the spot: Swipe your member card at the providers' office and pay any remaining balance directly.
- Online: Log in to your online account and lodge a claim, providing the details of payment from your receipt.
- By post: Fill out a claim form and submit it along with your receipt.
More guides on Finder
Optical inclusion: Extras cover the top reason for taking out health insurance, survey finds
Extras cover is the number one drawcard for Australians who take out private health cover, new research from Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site, reveals.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
4.1 million Australians may cut ties with their health insurance provider in 2021
Millions of Australians are shopping around for cheaper health insurance in the new year, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
How much do dentures cost in Australia?
Find out how much dentures cost in Australia and how you can get cover with mid-level health insurance.
Life insurance if you have a pacemaker
Can you get life insurance if you have a pacemaker? We explain how it works.
Health insurance for young adults
Find out how to get cheap health insurance for young people.
Top work perks: Aussies want more paid leave and insurance post-COVID
Finder asked 1,066 Australians about the top three perks they’d like their employer to provide in a post-COVID workplace. Flexibility, more leave and company health insurance topped the list.
1 October price hike: Aussies urged to do a health check on their insurance
Finder research shows that Australians have just under one week to beat the health insurance price increase on 1 October.
Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance – Bronze (Hospital)
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance - Bronze (Hospital).
Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance – Silver (Hospital)
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Health Insurance - Silver (Hospital).