Have you fallen for these health insurance myths?
Buying health insurance is an important decision - but there are so many myths and misconceptions floating around, that it can be tough to separate fact from fiction.
We want to quash some of those persistent myths once and for all - and test Australia's understanding of health insurance while we're at it - so we created this quick, 2-minute quiz.
Bust the health insurance myths
Don't miss these health insurance tips
How did you do? Are you a health insurance pro, or could you do with a little expert advice? If you're thinking about buying health insurance, always remember these facts so you can make an informed decision. They might even help you find a better deal!
- You can split your hospital and extras cover
- Extras cover includes ambulance cover
- Couples don't pay less for health insurance
- You won't pay more if you're old or sick
- Hospital cover could help you cut your tax bill
- You might get a discount for paying annually
- You won't be charged for cancelling your policy
- You don't need to re-serve waiting periods if you switch
- Extras can cover things like prescription sunglasses and gym memberships
- Some kids can stay on their parent's health insurance until they're 25