Are you a Health Care Insurance member? Find out how you can save on your next travel insurance policy.
Based in Burnie Tasmania, Health Care Insurance Limited (HCI) is a not-for-profit health fund that has been providing value for money health cover to its members since 1938. It offers a comprehensive range of health insurance options at very competitive rates and also gives its members access to discounted travel insurance through an arrangement with QBE Insurance.
What other cover can you get from Health Care Insurance?
As well as a range of health insurance products, Health Care Insurance provides its members with access to travel insurance at discounted rates through QBE Insurance, one of Australia's largest insurers. Types of cover available include:
- Annual multi trip. Covers unlimited domestic or international trips in a 12 month period, where the trip duration is less than 60 days. Includes cover for medical and dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and additional expenses.
- International comprehensive. Covers medical and dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation, additional expenses and more.
- Australian comprehensive. Covers cancellation or rearrangement costs, additional travel expenses, repatriation and other benefits and more for travel inside Australia.
- Australian cancellation. Provides limited cover for the non-refundable part of pre-paid travel arrangements or additional travel, accommodation and meals for travel inside Australia.
- Inbound travel insurance. Covers non-residents travelling to and within Australia on a temporary basis for medical and cancellation, loss or theft of luggage, rental vehicle insurance excess and more.
What are the benefits of Health Care Insurance?
As a not-for-profit health fund, Health Care Insurance reinvests surplus monies back into the fund rather than paying dividends to shareholders or overseas owners. This allows them to provide higher benefits and lower premiums for their members.
HCI members also enjoy a range of other benefits including:
- Free access gap cover with all HCI hospital cover
- Easy claiming via a smartphone app (take a photo of your receipt and submit your claim electronically) or HICAPS (claim your extras benefit on the spot using the provider’s HICAPS electronic terminal)
- Free cover with your travel insurance for accompanying financially dependant children under 25 years of age