Receive up to $500,000 in life cover with HCF Smart Term Insurance.
No one wants to think of the inevitable future that we all will have. While we all hoped that no unfortunate event will ever affect us or our loved ones, it is important to remember that it can happen to anyone at anytime. Therefore, it is essential to have a form of protective cover in place to safeguard your family's financial future should you pass away unexpectedly.
Compare direct life insurance brands below
What does the policy cover?
HCF makes it easy to take out life insurance cover to protect the future of your family if you’re not able to be there to provide for them. HCF Smart Term Insurance also offers clever options to take care of just about every other eventuality too, with life insurance cover which includes:
- Death benefit: Your HCF Smart Term Insurance policy will pay a lump sum benefit amount to your beneficiaries when you pass away. The full benefit amount will also be payable if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than 12 months to live.
- Accidental death cover: In the event of your death that is as a result of an accident, your benefit payment will be doubled the amount of cover that you have nominated.
- Flexibility to tailor your cover: You can choose from one of five benefit levels to suit your family’s financial needs in the future without you, as well as match your budget now with affordable premiums.
- No medical at the time of application: You simply need to complete a short application form to apply for Smart Term Life Insurance with HCF. You don’t need to take any medical or blood tests and if you are an Australian resident between 18 and 54 years old you will be automatically accepted.
- Flexible payment options: You can pay you premiums by credit card or direct debit, and you can choose a payment frequency which suits your budget. You can also combine your premiums with any other HCF products you hold, so you are only making one payment.
What won't the policy cover?
All insurance products have exclusions and conditions, and when you are shopping around for cover it is important that you know and understand what all of these exclusions are so you can compare each policy on a level playing field, and so that you know exactly when you are covered.
Your HCF Smart Term Insurance will not cover your for the following:
- Suicide within the first 13 months of holding your policy, or within 13 months of your policy being reinstated.
- AIDS or any AIDS related condition, or infection with HIV.
- War, hostilities, civil commotion, terrorism or insurrection.
- Pre-existing conditions.
Add Income Protection to your HCF Smart Term Insurance
If you want to add cover to your HCF Smart Term Insurance which will protect you and your family while you are still alive, you may want to consider income protection. Income Assist Insurance from HFC offers you:
- A monthly benefit payment: If you are unable to work because of illness or injury, HCF can pay you a monthly benefit which is 75% of your regular income, while you recover. This allows you to keep your bills current and pay for ongoing living expenses without having to rely on your savings.
- Up to $6,000 monthly benefit: You can choose the benefit amount of your HCF income protection insurance, keeping in mind that the higher your benefit amount the higher your premiums, but the more cover you have, the less likely it is that you will have to dip into your savings if you are unable to work. The maximum monthly benefit amount HCF will pay is $6,000 per month.
Applying for HCF Smart Term Insurance
To be eligible to apply for HCF Smart Term Insurance, you must be between 18 and 54 years old, and a permanent resident of Australia.
You can easily obtain a quote for HCF life insurance online so you can go away and think about your options, but if you decide after you’ve applied that you want to cancel the cover, you have a 30 day cooling off period in which to do so. This means within 30 days of applying you can cancel your HCF life insurance policy and receive a full refund of any premiums paid, as long as a claim hasn’t been made.
If you pass away or are diagnosed with a terminal illness, you or your family will be able to make a claim with HCF by calling the insurer directly. HCF will then advise you of the documentation and information you need to provide to make a claim.