What does personal accident cover from HCF offer?
HCF Personal Accident Insurance is a low cost insurance solution designed to meet the needs of Australians over the age of 55. This policy will provide a cash benefit payment if you suffer from a debilitating injury or if you die as a result of an accident. A protection cover that is essential for all senior Australian citizens, HCF Personal Accident Insurance can provide you with the financial assistance you may need when the unexpected occurs.
With HCF Personal Accident Cover, you can avoid using your retirement funds to pay for any expenses incurred from your medical treatments and modifications to your home that may be required as a result of your injury. It provides an additional buffer for medical events and expenses that are not covered by Medicare or private health insurance. HCF Personal Accident Cover benefit payment can be also be used to meet any final expenses in the event of your death, such as the cost of your funeral and estate settlement expenses.
Compare direct life insurance policies below
HCF personal accident insurance benefits and features
- Choice of benefit amount: You have the option to choose a cover level of $25,000 or $50,000, in which the latter will allow you greater benefit payment in the event of an injury and the full amount is payable if your death is caused by an accident.
- Coverage for serious injuries: If you suffer from the injuries listed in HCF Personal Accident Insurance policy, you will be entitled to a benefit amount of up to $10,000. Some of the injuries that are covered in this policy include (and are not limited to):
- Fractures to the: neck, hip, skull, thigh, arm, ankle, leg, hand, foot, nose, ribs (each), toes, thumbs, or fingers (each)
- Dislocations (which require surgery under anesthesia): hip, knee, wrist, elbow, ankle, shoulder blade, collarbone, jaw, toes, finger, or thumb
- 2nd or 3rd degree burns
- Coverage for accidental death: Depending on the level of cover you have chosen, in the event of an accidental death, the total amount of your HCF Personal Accident Insurance benefit amount will be payable, of $25,000 or $50,000.
- 24 hour cover: With HCF Personal Accident Insurance, you will be covered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and the benefits will be paid on top of any other insurance or accident scheme you may have.
- Benefit payable at the occurrence of an insured event: You will receive the benefit payment with a proof that the event occurred. You are not required to prove fault or wait for any lengthy court case to be settled.
What are the exclusions of HCF personal accident plan?
There are certain circumstances in which your HCF Personal Accident Policy may not be payable. Benefits will be not be paid:
- If your injury was intentionally self inflicted
- If you were involved in an illegal act at the time or
- If it was the consequence of any war, act of terrorism or any other civil unrest
- If the accident occurred outside of Australia, or
- If your injury was sustained before you took the policy out.
There is also a limitation on the benefits you will receive under the following conditions:
- If you sustain several injuries in the same accident, your cover will be limited to a maximum of $10,000, if you are covered under the $50,000 plan and $5,000 under the $25,000 plan.
- After you reach 80 years of age, all payouts for injury and death will be reduce to half of the benefit amount that you have selected.
Over 50s: Why choose HCF personal accident cover?
As you begin to edge towards your retirement years, you may be more aware that you have become more prone to injuries or accidents and you may feel that it is hard to obtain insurance cover at a reasonable price. With a personal accident policy from HCF, you can obtain coverage against injuries, accidents or an accidental death that is comprehensive and affordable. It is tailored specifically to meet the needs of permanent Australian residents between 55 to 74 years of age and it is guaranteed acceptance, with no medicals required.