HBF Ezicover Income Protection
Keep up with your expenses if an injury or illness strikes and you can't work.
HBF have been providing health insurance since 1941 and are one of Western Australia's largest providers. With decades of experience in health insurance, HBF also provide income protection. Because they're a not-for-profit insurance provider, they don't have shareholders to pay, which means their primary focus is on giving back to members.
More than that, HBF Ezicover income protection is designed by underwriter's at Zurich Australia Limited - one of the world's largest banks and recognised insurance providers.
How does HBF Ezicover Income Protection work?
If you can't work due to sickness or injury, HBF Ezicover income protection can provide you with a monthly benefit of up to 75% of the income you received while you were working, with a maximum limit of $12,000 per month.
Income protection makes sure that, should something go wrong, you're still able to pay for things your income went towards, from bills to the grocery shop. , HBF Ezicover Income Protection can help you pay your mortgage, rent and other living expenses.
HBF Ezicover income protection can pay you a monthly benefit for up to 5 years – this is when the benefit period ends. You can also choose a 1 or 2-year benefit period, which will result in lower premiums. There are two types of cover you can choose from:
- Sickness & Injury cover
- Injury Only cover
What are the highlights of HBF Ezicover Income Protection policy?
There are a few features that help a HBF Ezicover income protection policy worth considering. These include:
- Specific terms of cover available. HBF offer cover for people with health restrictions. If you've got a medical condition that stops you from accessing Sickness & Injury cover, you may be able to get Injury Only cover.
- Waiver of waiting period. If you have cancer, a stroke or heart attack, you will receive a lump sum payout, for Sickness and Injury cover only.
- $500 return to work benefit. You'll receive $500 when you go back to work, helping cover those initial extra expenses when your claim ends.
- Discounts. You'll get a discount of 5.7% if you pay your premium annually and you'll receive a 5% discount if you've already taken out an HBF Ezicover Life Insurance policy.
- No premium for one month. Your first month's cover costs will be waived which means you won't have to pay your first month's premiums.
- Flexibility. After you've had a policy for 12 months, you can put your cover on hold with HBF's Premium holiday feature or use the Reducing income feature to reduce the sum you are insured for.
When will and won't a benefit be paid?
Depending on your cover type, a benefit will be paid if you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation for longer than the waiting period. You have the option of a 30, 60 or 90 day waiting period with HBF Ezicover income protection.
HBF will pay the monthly benefit to you for as long as you are disabled, up to the benefit period you select. You must be in need of regular care and follow the advice of a doctor in relation to your sickness or injury. You are eligible for the income protection until or unless one of the following circumstances change:
- You are able to return to work
- You no longer require regular care or treatment for the sickness or injury
- Your benefit period ends
Ask an Expert