We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you're unable to work due to an injury or illness, HBF can provide you with a monthly benefit of up to 75% of your income from when you were working. You could receive up to $12,000 per month. This will help you pay for your mortgage, rent and other living expenses.
How does HBF Ezicover Income Protection work?
HBF Ezicover income protection can pay you a monthly benefit for up to 5 years – this is when the benefit period ends. You can also choose a 1 or 2-year benefit period, which will result in lower premiums. There are two types of cover you can choose from:
- Sickness & Injury cover
- Injury Only cover
What are the highlights of HBF Ezicover Income Protection policy?
There are a few features that help a HBF Ezicover income protection policy worth considering. These include:
- Specific terms of cover available. HBF offer cover for people with health restrictions. If you've got a medical condition that stops you from accessing Sickness & Injury cover, you may be able to get Injury Only cover.
- Waiver of waiting period. If you have cancer, a stroke or heart attack, you will receive a lump sum payout, for Sickness and Injury cover only.
- $500 return to work benefit. You'll receive $500 when you go back to work, helping cover those initial extra expenses when your claim ends.
- Discounts. You'll get a discount of 5.7% if you pay your premium annually and you'll receive a 5% discount if you've already taken out an HBF Ezicover Life Insurance policy.
- No premium for one month. Your first month's cover costs will be waived which means you won't have to pay your first month's premiums.
- Flexibility. After you've had a policy for 12 months, you can put your cover on hold with HBF's Premium holiday feature or use the Reducing income feature to reduce the sum you are insured for.
When will and won't a benefit be paid?
Depending on your cover type, a benefit will be paid if you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation for longer than the waiting period. You have the option of a 30, 60 or 90 day waiting period with HBF Ezicover income protection.
HBF will pay the monthly benefit to you for as long as you are disabled, up to the benefit period you select. You must be in need of regular care and follow the advice of a doctor in relation to your sickness or injury. You are eligible for the income protection until or unless one of the following circumstances change:
- You are able to return to work
- You no longer require regular care or treatment for the sickness or injury
- Your benefit period ends
Compare alternative income protection providers in Australia
More guides on Finder
How to stake Polkadot (DOT)
Learn how to stake DOT and start earning income immediately with this straightforward guide.
How to invest in cryptocurrency
Learn how to get started investing in cryptocurrency, the methods available to you, and what to keep in mind before making your first purchase.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
American Express Platinum Business Card
From Membership Rewards Points to savings on first and business class flights, this charge card is packed with features to help you manage business spending.
Hairdressing rent-a-chair agreement templates
Use this legal template as your starting point to earning extra income in your hair salon.
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
From costs and finance options to what materials you’ll need, learn about bathroom renovations in this comprehensive guide.
ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
The ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive rewards program, $0 annual fee for the first year, a $500 gift card, a balance transfer offer and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Life insurance for asthma sufferers
Learn how to get life insurance if you have asthma.
Ask an Expert