HBF Ezicover Income Protection
HBF offer tailored cover with no medical tests needed and flexibility to put your cover on hold.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you're unable to work due to an injury or illness, HBF can provide you with a monthly benefit of up to 75% of your income from when you were working. You could receive up to $12,000 per month. This will help you pay for your mortgage, rent and other living expenses.
How does HBF Ezicover Income Protection work?
HBF Ezicover income protection can pay you a monthly benefit for up to 5 years years – this is when the benefit period ends. You can also choose a 1 or 2-year benefit period, which will result in lower premiums. There are two types of cover you can choose from:
- Sickness & Injury cover
- Injury Only cover
What are the highlights of HBF Ezicover Income Protection policy?
There are a few features that help a HBF Ezicover income protection policy worth considering. These include:
- Specific terms of cover available. HBF offer cover for people with health restrictions. If you've got a medical condition that stops you from accessing Sickness & Injury cover, you may be able to get Injury Only cover.
- Waiver of waiting period. If you have cancer, a stroke or heart attack, you will receive a lump sum payout, for Sickness and Injury cover only.
- $500 return to work benefit. You'll receive $500 when you go back to work, helping cover those initial extra expenses when your claim ends.
- Discounts. You'll get a discount of 5.7% if you pay your premium annually and you'll receive a 5% discount if you've already taken out an HBF Ezicover Life Insurance policy.
- No premium for one month. Your first month's cover costs will be waived which means you won't have to pay your first month's premiums.
- Flexibility. After you've had a policy for 12 months, you can put your cover on hold with HBF's Premium holiday feature or use the Reducing income feature to reduce the sum you are insured for.
When will and won't a benefit be paid?
Depending on your cover type, a benefit will be paid if you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation for longer than the waiting period. You have the option of a 30, 60 or 90 days day waiting period with HBF Ezicover income protection.
HBF will pay the monthly benefit to you for as long as you are disabled, up to the benefit period you select. You must be in need of regular care and follow the advice of a doctor in relation to your sickness or injury. You are eligible for the income protection until or unless one of the following circumstances change:
- You are able to return to work
- You no longer require regular care or treatment for the sickness or injury
- Your benefit period ends
Compare alternative income protection providers in Australia
More guides on Finder
Where to watch ER online in Australia
The emergency room is no place for the faint of heart.
Hands-on Binance tutorial for beginners (2021/22)
We run through how you buy and trade cryptocurrencies on the Binance exchange.
Ethereum within 2% of new all-time-high price as another global brand adopts NFTs
The past 7 days have seen ETH iron out its recent volatility-induced losses.
Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
The last 30-days have seen BTC register substantial losses of over 10%.
Australia’s best weekend deals for December 3, 2021
Australia's best weekend deals include 50% off at BCF, half-price ASICS shoes at Foot Locker, 80% off hot fashion at Nasty Gal.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: $130 off Philips air fryers, $250 off Apple AirPods Max, 50% off at Myer.
What’s the last day you can shop online for Christmas? Retail cut-off dates
Here are the Christmas delivery cut-off dates for 50 major Australian retailers.
Kayo Sports for $2.50 a month: Grab this limited deal here
Kayo Sports, Australia's leading sports streaming platform, is offering a ridiculous deal for a short time.
Alphabet (GOOGL) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing Alphabet shares from in Australia.
Ask an Expert