How to watch hayu on your Google Chromecast
Getting your hayu fix on the big screen doesn't require a smart TV.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
hayu is a service that unfortunately isn't as ubiquitously available as Netflix. The latter is either included as standard on your average Smart TV or can be quickly downloaded onto said device via a trip to the manufacturer's in-built app store.
What do you do if a: your particular TV doesn't carry the hayu app, or b: you own a "dumb TV" that doesn't offer any kind of store at all to expand your viewing choices? You still have options. The fandangle device known as Google Chromecast can bridge the gaps and get you viewing in no time. Essentially, you hook it up to a spare HDMI port on your TV, then you can beam hayu directly to said screen from your phone, tablet or computer. How is this magic possible and is setting up Chromecast a difficult procedure? Let's find out together.
How to set up hayu on Google Chromecast
No matter which model of Google Chromecast you have, setting up hayu is a cinch to do. Just follow these simple steps:
- Find a spare HDMI port on your TV (normally on the side or the back of the unit).
- Connect your Chromecast's power cable into a nearby mains outlet.
- Press the AUX or AV button on your remote to switch your TV to the appropriate HDMI channel.
- If this is a fresh install of Chromecast, you'll need to do the on-screen steps to locate and sign in to your home Wi-Fi network. Typically this requires the login details supplied by your ISP.
- Access the hayu app on your mobile device (it can be downloaded for free on the App Store or Google Play). Alternatively, load up the Google Chrome web browser on your desktop (Mac or PC).
- Locate the "cast" icon (it looks like this ) and tap or click it.
- In the pop-up that appears, tap your Google Chromecast.
- Select a movie or TV show and tap play to beam it on over to your TV.
FREE TRIAL: 30 days of unlimited Desperate Housewives, Kardashians and more with hayu from hayu
Take advantage of hayu's limited 30-day free trial and access thousands of hours of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Made in Chelsea and so much more.View details
Frequently asked questions
Have a look at these FAQs if you're having trouble setting up or watching hayu on Google Chromecast.
- Stream Patrick Dempsey’s dark new thriller, Devils, in Australia
- Marvel fans rejoice: Disney+ original series WandaVision is here and ready to stream
- Every Harry Potter film is going to be available to stream in Australia
- A Discovery of Witches season 2: The vampires and witches are finally back
- Two free ways to watch the new Tiger Woods HBO doco in Australia [Updated]
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
10% off Apple Airpods Pro, 29% off Sennheiser wireless headphones and 20% off HP Pavilion x360 convertible laptop.
BYO modem NBN plans
Bringing your own modem across when you sign up to a new NBN plan could save you a couple hundred dollars.
Best tablets for kids in Australia
These are the best tablets for kids you can buy right now in Australia.
Best PlayStation 5 accessories in Australia
These are the 7 best PlayStation 5 accessories you can buy right now in Australia.
Best Xbox Series X Accessories in Australia
These are the 7 best Xbox Series X accessories you can buy right now in Australia.
How to watch Main Event through Kayo Sports
Tyson, Tszyu, Gallen: Main Event has some huge fights ahead and once again you can secure them via Kayo Sports.
Home and kitchen appliance insurance can save you thousands if something goes wrong.
Get protection for your high-value electronics and whitegoods with home and kitchen appliance insurance.
Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite review
Amazon's Fire Stick Lite adds a range of streaming services to your TV for a very low price, including Apple TV, but it's a frustrating platform to use.
Google Chromecast with Google TV review
Google's updated Chromecast now has a full interface of apps and is excellent value if you just want to add streaming apps to your existing TV.
Best smart TVs in Australia
Choose the right TV to meet your streaming, free to air and picture quality needs with our round-up of the best smart TVs for any budget.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert