Review: Hawk FX international money transfers
Get dedicated, one-on-one help for your next overseas payment with Hawk FX.
- Good for transfers over the GBP£5,000 limit and for personalised service with your own account manager.
- Not so great for sending to someone without a bank account or for immediate customer service help.
Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
|Product Name||Hawk FX International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||GBP 10,000|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone, Bank Account to Bank Account|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments, One off payments, Market orders, Forward contracts|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Chat, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, JPY, MXN, NOK, NZD, PLN, RON, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
What's in this guide?
- Hawk FX exchange rates and fees
- Available currencies
- What types of transfers can you make with Hawk FX?
- What payment methods does Hawk FX accept?
- How long does a transfer with Hawk FX take?
- Is Hawk FX safe to use?
- How to register an account
- What is Hawk FX?
- In a nutshell
- How does Hawk FX compare to other providers?
Hawk FX exchange rates and fees
Calculate how much sending money overseas would cost with Hawk FX by using our tool below. You can also take a look at the real-time exchange rate Hawk FX offers and see if there will be any additional fees to pay.
Hawk FX offers money transfers to over 30 different currencies. You can check out the full list of the currencies above, but the following are some of the more popular ones:
- AED Emirati dirham
- CNY Chinese yuan
- EUR Euro
- GBP British pound
- HKD Hong Kong dollar
- INR Indian rupee
- NZD New Zealand dollar
- USD United States dollar
What types of transfers can you make with Hawk FX?
Hawk FX only offers transfers to bank accounts but has a range of options that can help you make the most of your transfer.
- Regular payments. You can set up a payment that'll automatically go through at whatever frequency you need.
- Forward contracts. This lets you lock in today's exchange rate for a transfer up to two years in the future.
- Limit orders. You can request what exchange rate you're after and when that rate is met, your transfer will automatically go through.
- Business transfers. Hawk FX has a specific product that aims to help businesses reduce volatility and risk.
What payment methods does Hawk FX accept?
After you've booked your transfer, you'll be given Hawk FX's bank information detailing where to send your money. Once Hawk FX has received your funds, the company will convert your money and send it to your recipient.
How long does a transfer with Hawk FX take?
Most transfers will arrive the same day, especially for the more popular currencies like EUR and GBP. For the less popular ones, it can take up to two working days.
Is Hawk FX safe to use?
Transfers typically take
Hawk FX is government regulated by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), and keeps clients' money separate from their own. Hawk FX also uses SSL encryption, which gives you a secure connection when you log into the website.
How does Hawk FX make money?
Hawk FX doesn't charge fees, but instead makes money off a margin added to the exchange rate. This is why the exchange rate you'll be quoted is different to the one you can see on Google or Reuters, which is the mid-market rate.
Depending on how much you're sending and the currency, the margin added on to the exchange rate can be anywhere between 0.3% and 1.5%.
How to register an account
What is Hawk FX?
Hawk FX was founded by two colleagues – Greg Smith and Vatsal Trivedi – in 2017. Both founders have a history of working in finance and foreign exchange at places like Barclays, Lloyds and Global Reach. Hawk FX has a focus on creating personalised experiences and better customer service than their banking competitors.
Hawk FX's headquarters are in London.
In a nutshell
- Personalised service. You'll get a dedicated account manager assigned to you.
- No fees. If your transfer is more than GBP£5,000, you won't be charged any fees on top of this.
- Competitive exchange rates. While Hawk FX does charge a margin on top of the exchange rate, it's often still better than going with a bank.
- UK-based customer service. If you're outside of the UK's time zone, there'll be a delay on any questions you have. Hawk FX will usually only get back to you during the UK's office hours.
- Only supports bank transfers. You can only pay by bank account and you're only able to send to a bank account.
How does Hawk FX compare to other providers?
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Special offer: $40 off when you transfer more than $250+ with code AUFIND40, conditions apply.
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
$0 transfer fees for Finder customers.
OFX has no maximum limit transfers, with competitive exchange rates for 45+ currencies.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.