Up to USD$35 off flights with code
Cheap flights to Hawaii for 2021
Find the best flight deals and fares to Hawaii from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hawaii is an exotic paradise in the South Pacific, blended with the convenience of North American comforts. Tourists flock to Hawaii for the breathtaking islands. national parks, crystal clear waters and tropical cuisine. Famous for surfing and diving, you can find an array of water activities.
Hawaii is a top choice for a tropical holiday destination. There's really no bad time to visit, thanks to Hawaii's close proximity to the equator. You can fly direct to Hawaii and you won't be short for choice on flight deals from Australia.
See the latest flight deals to Hawaii
Hawaii flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 9 hrs 35 mins + when you fly direct to Honolulu International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 10 hrs 25 mins + when you fly direct to Honolulu International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 10 hrs 30 mins + when you fly direct to Honolulu International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 16 hrs 40 mins + with one stopover, landing at Honolulu International Airport
Airlines that fly to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Hawaii insider flight tips
- It’s possible to get great flight deals from Australia to Hawaii but it's important to note that Hawaii's not a cheap holiday destination. Despite that, you can get a great deal on package holidays that include your flights, airport transfers, accommodation and meals, which are worth considering if you're on a strict budget.
- Hawaiian Airlines has one of the most generous check-in baggage allowances in the world. Australian travellers can take up to 64kgs each, shared across two checked bags. The good news for surfers is they even let you take your surf board as part of your allowance. Jetstar also flies direct to Honolulu from Sydney and Melbourne on board Dreamliner planes for maximum comfort. Although Jetstar offers the cheapest fares, these include only 7kgs of carry-on luggage as standard. You can add on check-in baggage, meals or on-board entertainment for an extra fee but don’t forget to compare the final cost to paying the extra for a full-service airline flight.
- To get the best flight deals and to minimise spending when you’re there, don’t go during American or Australian school holidays. These fall in July-August and December-January. Try shoulder season travel in April-May and in September. April to October sees the least rainfall in Hawaii.
How to get from the airport
Honolulu International (HNL) is Hawaii’s main gateway and is only a few kilometres from the city. There are public buses and shuttle buses available to take you to the centre or to Waikiki beach. Taxis are also readily available, but they are the expensive option. TheBus, Oahu’s main bus operator, lets you travel for cheap. You can pay for individual fares or get a four-day pass.
The other major airports are Kahului (OGG), Kauai Island Lihue (LIH), Kona International Airport, Keahole (KOA) and Hilo International (ITO). Public buses serve all of them but service is limited, and there is a limit on how much luggage you can transport. Airport shuttles are also available. They have a more generous luggage allowance and don’t require reservations. You can find taxis at all airports but you should avoid these if possible due to expense. Major car rental companies, which are familiar to Australians, operate from the airports and are an ideal option to explore on your own.
Plan in advance which islands and areas you want to visit. Internal flights are the best way to island hop and should be booked as early as possible to get a low fare. Ferries operate twice daily between Maui and Lanai only.
More guides on Finder
Virgin sale: $59 flights throughout winter
EXPIRED: Take your pick from one of the flexible flight deals in Virgin's rest of Australia sale.
Qantas half price flights from $70 on “almost every destination”
Find out how you're saving yourself $58 on a return flight with this Qantas sale.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Best power banks in Australia 2021
We searched through customer and professional reviews to find the best of the best power banks in Australia.
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Western Australia travel restrictions: Where you can go in September 2021
What you need to know before you travel in WA, including which attractions and national parks are open, where you can stay and the available modes of transport.
Queensland travel restrictions | What’s open in September 2021?
Here’s everything you need to know about travelling in Australia’s Sunshine State in September 2021.
Tasmania travel restrictions | Where you can go in September 2021
Read our up-to-date guide on the accommodation, tourist attractions and travel services open in Tasmania as well as any rules and restrictions you should know about.
June long weekend travel deals 2021
What you need to know before taking a break over the June long weekend, from how far you can travel to the best deals on flights, accommodation and car hire.
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
Ask an Expert