Cheap flights to Hawaii for 2021
Find the best flight deals and fares to Hawaii from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hawaii is an exotic paradise in the South Pacific, blended with the convenience of North American comforts. Tourists flock to Hawaii for the breathtaking islands. national parks, crystal clear waters and tropical cuisine. Famous for surfing and diving, you can find an array of water activities.
Hawaii is a top choice for a tropical holiday destination. There's really no bad time to visit, thanks to Hawaii's close proximity to the equator. You can fly direct to Hawaii and you won't be short for choice on flight deals from Australia.
See the latest flight deals to Hawaii
Hawaii flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 9 hrs 35 mins + when you fly direct to Honolulu International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 10 hrs 25 mins + when you fly direct to Honolulu International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 10 hrs 30 mins + when you fly direct to Honolulu International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 16 hrs 40 mins + with one stopover, landing at Honolulu International Airport
Airlines that fly to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Hawaii insider flight tips
- It’s possible to get great flight deals from Australia to Hawaii but it's important to note that Hawaii's not a cheap holiday destination. Despite that, you can get a great deal on package holidays that include your flights, airport transfers, accommodation and meals, which are worth considering if you're on a strict budget.
- Hawaiian Airlines has one of the most generous check-in baggage allowances in the world. Australian travellers can take up to 64kgs each, shared across two checked bags. The good news for surfers is they even let you take your surf board as part of your allowance. Jetstar also flies direct to Honolulu from Sydney and Melbourne on board Dreamliner planes for maximum comfort. Although Jetstar offers the cheapest fares, these include only 7kgs of carry-on luggage as standard. You can add on check-in baggage, meals or on-board entertainment for an extra fee but don’t forget to compare the final cost to paying the extra for a full-service airline flight.
- To get the best flight deals and to minimise spending when you’re there, don’t go during American or Australian school holidays. These fall in July-August and December-January. Try shoulder season travel in April-May and in September. April to October sees the least rainfall in Hawaii.
How to get from the airport
Honolulu International (HNL) is Hawaii’s main gateway and is only a few kilometres from the city. There are public buses and shuttle buses available to take you to the centre or to Waikiki beach. Taxis are also readily available, but they are the expensive option. TheBus, Oahu’s main bus operator, lets you travel for cheap. You can pay for individual fares or get a four-day pass.
The other major airports are Kahului (OGG), Kauai Island Lihue (LIH), Kona International Airport, Keahole (KOA) and Hilo International (ITO). Public buses serve all of them but service is limited, and there is a limit on how much luggage you can transport. Airport shuttles are also available. They have a more generous luggage allowance and don’t require reservations. You can find taxis at all airports but you should avoid these if possible due to expense. Major car rental companies, which are familiar to Australians, operate from the airports and are an ideal option to explore on your own.
Plan in advance which islands and areas you want to visit. Internal flights are the best way to island hop and should be booked as early as possible to get a low fare. Ferries operate twice daily between Maui and Lanai only.
More guides on Finder
Boxing Day Sales 2021 | Deals to be revealed
Find all the best sales, deals and offers in one place for fashion, electronics, travel, beauty, homewares and toys.
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Amazon Daily Deals for 18th January 2021
Every day, Finder rounds up the biggest discounts on Amazon Australia. Here are today's best deals for online bargain hunters.
Airlie Beach accommodation | Where to stay on the Whitsunday Coast
Compare Airlie Beach hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Best places to visit in the Gold Coast
Find where to go on the Gold Coast for unlimited entertainment from water activities to nature, skyscrapers and beaches.
Qantas triple points offer: All the details
Our pick of the best routes to maximise the deal.
Western Australia travel restrictions: Where you can go in January 2021
What you need to know before you travel in WA, including which attractions and national parks are open, where you can stay and the available modes of transport.
Queensland travel restrictions | What’s open in January 2021?
Here’s everything you need to know about travelling in Australia’s sunshine state in January 2021.
Northern Territory travel restrictions | Where you can go in January 2021
Everything you need to know about accommodation, attractions, national parks and transport to safely travel around the NT.
South Australia travel restrictions: What can I do in January 2021?
Here's everything you need to know on the current South Australia travel restrictions.
Ask an Expert