Games Done Quick raises nearly a quarter of a million US for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
A fantastic result for a remarkable event.
After cobbling it together last week, Games Done Quick has achieved the incredible with its Harvey Relief Done Quick speedrunning marathon over the weekend. In just three days, the event raised more than US$225,000 in donations, all of which will be going to the Houston Food Bank to help supply victims of Hurricane Harvey with vital food and drink.
— Games Done Quick (@GamesDoneQuick) September 4, 2017
If you missed some or all of the event, you can rewatch the whole thing on the Games Done Quick Twitch channel. Individual videos for each game played, including Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Resident Evil, will go up on the Games Done Quick YouTube channel in the coming days. You can also contribute to the relief effort by purchasing Games Done Quick merch through The Yetee and fangamer.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?