Games Done Quick raises nearly a quarter of a million US for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
A fantastic result for a remarkable event.
After cobbling it together last week, Games Done Quick has achieved the incredible with its Harvey Relief Done Quick speedrunning marathon over the weekend. In just three days, the event raised more than US$225,000 in donations, all of which will be going to the Houston Food Bank to help supply victims of Hurricane Harvey with vital food and drink.
— Games Done Quick (@GamesDoneQuick) September 4, 2017
If you missed some or all of the event, you can rewatch the whole thing on the Games Done Quick Twitch channel. Individual videos for each game played, including Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Resident Evil, will go up on the Games Done Quick YouTube channel in the coming days. You can also contribute to the relief effort by purchasing Games Done Quick merch through The Yetee and fangamer.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits