Top Sydney Harbour cruises 2021
Find your perfect day out on the water with our Sydney Harbour cruise guide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Sydney is a vibrant, bustling city bursting with amazing sights, events and activities.
Whether you're keen to sightsee during the day or have dinner on the water, a cruise across Sydney Harbour is an experience like no other that will show the city in a whole new light.
Our top picks:
Best Sydney Harbour sightseeing cruise from RedBalloon
Sydney Harbour Evening Cruise with Fantasea Cruising
- Cost: $25
- Duration: 75 minutes
- Available on: Thursday to Sunday at 4.45pm, 6pm and 7.30pm from Darling Harbour
- Why we love it: This is a no-frills cruise that sees you soak up the best views of the harbour in just over an hour. It comes with a free drink of your choice and there are multiple departures each evening to suit your itinerary. Children’s prices are also available.
Best Sydney Harbour dinner cruise from RedBalloon
Sunset Harbour Cruise with Captain Cook Cruises
- Cost: $99
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Available on: Daily, departing at 5pm
- Why we love it: For under $100 you can catch the sun setting over the water as you clink glasses over a three-course dinner with sparkling and still wines and beer. Mark your spot on the upper deck later on to stargaze and see the city twinkle in night lights.
Best Sydney Harbour lunch cruise from RedBalloon
Full Day Sailing on an Authentic Restored Tall Ship with Sydney Heritage Fleet
- Cost: $155
- Duration: 6.5 hours
- Available on: Friday or Saturday
- Why we love it: An experience you won't soon forget, this cruise sees you spend the entire day sailing the harbour seas on a historic ship. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are included, as are the views of Sydney's greatest coastal landmarks.
Best Sydney Harbour cruise for kids from RedBalloon
Sydney Harbour Cruise with Taronga Zoo Entry with Captain Cook Cruises
- Cost: From $35 (child) and $59 (adult)
- Duration: 15–45 minutes
- Available on: Daily every 15 minutes from Darling Harbour or every 30 minutes from Circular Quay. First departure is 9.15am.
- Why we love it: This has all the makings of a fun day out on a budget with the cost including a Taronga Zoo entry and Sky Safari cable car ride as well as ferry transfers from Circular Quay or Darling Harbour. Cruises depart every 15–30 minutes so you can come and go as you please.
Does your company belong in this list?
Sydney Harbour cruises compared
|Cruise name||Departs||Available on||Duration||Suitable for (ages)||Extras/inclusions||Price||Book|
|Sydney Harbour Evening Cruise||Darling Harbour or Circular Quay||Thursday to Sunday||75 minutes||5 and up||1 standard drink||$25||RedBalloon|
|Sydney Harbour Highlights Cruise||Circular Quay||Daily||1 hour 30 minutes||All ages||Commentary on board||$39||Viator|
|Sydney Harbour Secrets||Sydney Heritage Fleet's Heritage Docks and Workshop||Saturday and Sunday||3 hours||All ages||Tea and coffee||$48||Viator|
|Tall Ship Afternoon Discovery||Ives Steps Wharf||Daily excluding Tuesday||1 hour 30 minutes||All ages||Opportunity to join the crew and help set sails||$49||RedBalloon|
|Sydney Harbour Cruise with Taronga Zoo Entry||Circular Quay Wharf or Darling Harbour Pier||Daily||15–45 minutes||All ages||Taronga Zoo entry pass, Sky Safari cable car||$35 – child|
$59 – adult
|High Tea Cruise on Sydney Harbour||Circular Quay||Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday||1 hour 15 minutes||4 years and up||Sweet and savoury high tea selection, a glass of sparkling wine, tea and coffee||$65||RedBalloon|
|Convicts, Castles Sydney Harbour Tour||Ives Steps Wharf||Thursday and Friday||3 hours||All ages||Goat Island convict walking tour, lunch on board, refreshments||$79||RedBalloon|
|Jazz Lunch Cruise||King St Wharf||Saturday and Sunday||3 hours||All ages||Live jazz performances, seafood and carvery buffet lunch, desserts and fresh fruit platters, tea and coffee||$65 – child|
$85 – adult
|Tall Ship Twilight Dinner Cruise||Sydney Harbour||Daily excluding Tuesday||1 hour 30 minutes||All ages||Dinner||$89||Adrenaline|
|Sunset Harbour Cruise||King St Wharf||Daily||1 hour 30 minutes||All ages||3-course dinner, sparkling and still wines and beer||$99||RedBalloon|
|Small-Group Sydney Harbour Boat Tour with Unique Beach Landings and Local Guide||Convention Wharf||Daily excluding Sunday||3 hours||All ages||Bottled water, free Wi-Fi, coffee, tea, cakes and biscuits||$129||Viator|
|Full Day Sailing on an Authentic Restored Tall Ship||Pyrmont||Friday and Saturday||6 hours 30 minutes||12 and up||Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea||$155||RedBalloon|
|Harbour Cruises On Mintaka||Sydney Harbour||Daily||4 hours||All ages||Catering available||From $315 per hour||AnyBoat|
Sydney Harbour cruise deals
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Bitcoin up 21%: Will El Salvador’s big news kick off a fresh bull run?
Bi-weekly gains of just under 9%.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
Ask an Expert