Find your perfect day out on the water with our Sydney Harbour cruise guide.
Sydney is a vibrant, bustling city bursting with amazing sights, events and activities.
Whether you're keen to sightsee during the day or have dinner on the water, a cruise across Sydney Harbour is an experience like no other that will show the city in a whole new light.
Our top picks:
Best Sydney Harbour sightseeing cruise: Sydney Harbour Evening Cruise with Fantasea Cruising, Sydney Harbour from RedBalloon
- Cost: $25
- Duration: 75 minutes
- Available on: Thursday to Sunday at 4.45pm, 6pm and 7.30pm from Darling Harbour
- Why we love it: This is a no-frills cruise that sees you soak up the best views of the harbour in just over an hour. It comes with a free drink of your choice and there are multiple departures each evening to suit your itinerary. Children’s prices are also available.
Best Sydney Harbour dinner cruise: Sunset Harbour Cruise with Captain Cook Cruises, Sydney Harbour from RedBalloon
- Cost: $99
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Available on: Daily, departing at 5pm
- Why we love it: For under $100 you can catch the sun setting over the water as you clink glasses over a three-course dinner with sparkling and still wines and beer. Mark your spot on the upper deck later on to stargaze and see the city twinkle in night lights.
Best Sydney Harbour lunch cruise: Full Day Sailing on an Authentic Restored Tall Ship with Sydney Heritage Fleet, Sydney Harbour from RedBalloon
- Cost: $155
- Duration: 6.5 hours
- Available on: Friday or Saturday
- Why we love it: An experience you won't soon forget, this cruise sees you spend the entire day sailing the harbour seas on a historic ship. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are included, as are the views of Sydney's greatest coastal landmarks.
Best Sydney Harbour cruise for kids: Sydney Harbour Cruise with Taronga Zoo Entry with Captain Cook Cruises, Sydney Harbour from RedBalloon
- Cost: From $35 (child) and $59 (adult)
- Duration: 15–45 minutes
- Available on: Daily every 15 minutes from Darling Harbour or every 30 minutes from Circular Quay. First departure is 9.15am.
- Why we love it: This has all the makings of a fun day out on a budget with the cost including a Taronga Zoo entry and Sky Safari cable car ride as well as ferry transfers from Circular Quay or Darling Harbour. Cruises depart every 15–30 minutes so you can come and go as you please.
Sydney Harbour cruises compared
|Cruise name||Departs||Available on||Duration||Suitable for (ages)||Extras/inclusions||Price||Book|
|Sydney Harbour Evening Cruise||Darling Harbour or Circular Quay||Thursday to Sunday||75 minutes||5 and up||1 standard drink||$25||RedBalloon|
|Sydney Harbour Highlights Cruise||Circular Quay||Daily||1 hour 30 minutes||All ages||Commentary on board||$39||Viator|
|Sydney Harbour Secrets||Sydney Heritage Fleet's Heritage Docks and Workshop||Saturday and Sunday||3 hours||All ages||Tea and coffee||$48||Viator|
|Tall Ship Afternoon Discovery||Ives Steps Wharf||Daily excluding Tuesday||1 hour 30 minutes||All ages||Opportunity to join the crew and help set sails||$49||RedBalloon|
|Sydney Harbour Cruise with Taronga Zoo Entry||Circular Quay Wharf or Darling Harbour Pier||Daily||15–45 minutes||All ages||Taronga Zoo entry pass, Sky Safari cable car||$35 – child|
$59 – adult
|High Tea Cruise on Sydney Harbour||Circular Quay||Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday||1 hour 15 minutes||4 years and up||Sweet and savoury high tea selection, a glass of sparkling wine, tea and coffee||$65||RedBalloon|
|Convicts, Castles Sydney Harbour Tour||Ives Steps Wharf||Thursday and Friday||3 hours||All ages||Goat Island convict walking tour, lunch on board, refreshments||$79||RedBalloon|
|Jazz Lunch Cruise||King St Wharf||Saturday and Sunday||3 hours||All ages||Live jazz performances, seafood and carvery buffet lunch, desserts and fresh fruit platters, tea and coffee||$65 – child|
$85 – adult
|Tall Ship Twilight Dinner Cruise||Sydney Harbour||Daily excluding Tuesday||1 hour 30 minutes||All ages||Dinner||$89||Adrenaline|
|Sunset Harbour Cruise||King St Wharf||Daily||1 hour 30 minutes||All ages||3-course dinner, sparkling and still wines and beer||$99||RedBalloon|
|Small-Group Sydney Harbour Boat Tour with Unique Beach Landings and Local Guide||Convention Wharf||Daily excluding Sunday||3 hours||All ages||Bottled water, free Wi-Fi, coffee, tea, cakes and biscuits||$129||Viator|
|Full Day Sailing on an Authentic Restored Tall Ship||Pyrmont||Friday and Saturday||6 hours 30 minutes||12 and up||Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea||$155||RedBalloon|
|Harbour Cruises On Mintaka||Sydney Harbour||Daily||4 hours||All ages||Catering available||From $315 per hour||AnyBoat|