Australian-made action RPG Hand of Fate 2 launches next month
The much-anticipated sequel arrives alongside Microsoft's new Xbox console.
After an impressive debut with the original Hand of Fate, Brisbane-based studio Defiant Development is upping the stakes with the sequel to the hit action RPG. Revealed today, Hand of Fate 2 will launch alongside the Xbox One X on 7 November and will boast full support for 4K resolutions on both the Xbox One X and PC.
Defiant Development has also shown off the game's fourth and final companion: Ariadne of Stiegal. Ariadne serves as a tank, supporting the player in battle with her ability to break enemy armour and helping out beyond the battlefield by duplicating cards during games of chance to increase the odds of picking something beneficial as opposed to the horrible death that awaits an unlucky pick.
Hand of Fate 2 is set to expand upon the original in numerous key ways, adding a bunch of new weapon types, fighting styles and enemies as well as introducing new victory conditions that don't require just defeating your opponents. The card-based overworld from the original is gone, too, replaced with a full-on map with more opportunities for exploration.
In other Aussie gaming news, Xbox Australia is relaunching the Forza Onesie, and Japan's most popular digital card game is coming to PAX Australia.
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale