Best Hamilton Island accommodation that are pure heaven
Here’s our guide to the best Hamilton Island and Whitsundays accommodation options.
Pristine nature, 5-star service and perfect weather all year round: Hamilton Island is famous for a reason.
It's beauty isn't saved for the elite either with the piece of paradise offering accommodation for every travel style and budget. There's world-class adults-only accommodation for lovers, hotels complete with pools and kids' meals for families and budget apartment-style hotels for those slinging a small budget.
After a place to stay? Here’s a rundown of what's available on Hamilton Island.
What's in this guide?
Best cheap Hamilton Island accommodation
Being a tropical holiday island, prices can run steep on Hamilton Island. However you do have some more affordable options on hand.
Stray from the resorts and hotels and you'll find apartment-style stays that can go as low as $262 per night. Whitsunday Apartments is the cheapest option on the island and is right on Catseye Beach rubbing shoulders with Reef View Hotel and Beach Club which have rooms from $351 and $791, respectively.
Alternate accommodation such as holiday homes start at $320 per night.
Reef View Hotel
After a cheap Whitsundays stay?
Staying on Hamilton Island tends to be more expensive than the mainland. If you're looking for cheap Whitsundays accommodation and don't mind whether you stay on Hamilton Island or the mainland, we'd recommend checking out Airlie Beach accommodations too.
Best Hamilton Island luxury accommodation
Adults-only waterfront properties where only a select few can dine are a reality on Hamilton Island. Other luxuries you can expect to sink your teeth into are private pavillions, infinity pools, in-house spa, state-of-the-art gyms and 24-hour chauffer service. Not that you'd ever want to leave your haven.
The peak of perfection is quala which is hidden at the northern tip of Hamilton Island. Rooms start at $1,300 a night.
Best Hamilton Island resort accommodation
With stunning views and first-class service across the entire island there really is no poor choice in accommodation. Tripadvisor ranks Beach Club as the number one hotel on the island, as rated by guests. It's garnered over 1,000 reviews many of which compare the hotel to "heaven". This is followed by quala and Whitsundays Apartments.
Best Hamilton Island accommodation for families
When it comes to kid-friendly stays, the resorts on Hamilton Island don't miss a beat. Not only do kids stay and eat free at Reef View Hotel, Palm Bungalows and Hamilton Island Holiday Homes, but these resorts offer access to the island's day care and babysitting services. At Reef View family rooms can accommodate a maximum of six guests, plus babies. Hamilton Island Holiday Homes are capable of accommodating up to 10.
Reef View Hotel
Alternative Hamilton Island accommodation
There are a number of Airbnb and Stayz properties on the island - however bear in mind that many of these double up with those available through Hamilton Island Holiday Homes. If you're unable to find your ideal accommodatino on one, it may be worth exploring the other for options.
Browse homes on Airbnb
Hamilton Island hotel map
Earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
Hamilton Island teams up with Virgin to offer members the chance to earn points on select accommodation, which can be spent as part of the Velocity program.
Guests of Palm Bungalows, Reef Hotel and Beach Club will earn three points for every dollar spent. Guests of qualia earn one point for every dollar spent.
Interested? Here's what you need to know:
- You need to be a Velocity member to benefit so make sure you sign up if you are not already a member.
- The booking needs to be made under the same name as the Velocity membership and only applies to one room per membership number per night.
- Bookings need to be made directly with Hamilton Island to be eligible. Click on one of the links above to be safely directed to the reservation site.
- Points can only be earned on room bookings and room-inclusive packages. Packages can include activity bundles, as long as the package is advertised on the Hamilton Island website. Flight prices are not included.
Frequently asked questions:
- How many hotels are there on Hamilton Island? There are four hotels on Hamilton Island: Reef View Hotel, qualia, Beach Club and Palm Bungalows. Holiday homes, including Yacht Club Villas are also available.
- Which Hamilton Island hotels have villa accommodation? Numerous holiday homes feature villa accommodation. This includes Yacht Club Villas, Casuarina Cove, La Bella Waters and Cooinda Gardens.
- Which Hamilton Island hotels have a private pool? Beach Club, qualia and select holiday homes have private pools.
Hamilton Island deals
Ask an Expert