Check out the new campaign and co-op mode coming to Halo Wars 2 in the launch trailer for Awakening the Nightmare
The Banished and The Flood take centrestage in this new expansion.
Awakening the Nightmare, the new expansion for the streamlined sci-fi RTS Halo Wars 2, launches today, and Microsoft has dropped a brand new trailer to celebrate.
The explosive trailer shows off the new campaign coming to the game, where you'll take control of the Banished, a splinter faction of the Covenant army that possesses advanced technology far beyond that of the human forces. As The Banished, you'll take the role of the leader Atriox and wage war against the iconic Flood.
Awakening the Nightmare also brings with it a new co-op mode called Terminus Firefight. Up to three players join forces to defend their bases and a Forerunner installation against deadly waves of UNSC, Banished and Flood forces.
You can pick up Awakening the Nightmare in expansion form for Xbox One or PC right now from the Microsoft Store, or you can grab it along with the original game in the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition.
In other Halo news, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo 4 are all now backwards compatible on Xbox One.
- Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Everything you need to know
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits
- Where to find the best price on State of Decay 2 in Australia
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)