Make your Halloween party one to remember with these fun and creative games for kids and grown-ups.
Halloween is the perfect excuse to get dressed up, get silly and have fun with your friends and family. From child-friendly games to fun icebreakers for grown-ups, the possibilities to get creative are endless.
If you’re hosting a Halloween party, a get-together or just want some ideas for fun games and activities, read on.
Top Halloween games you can buy online
IELLO King of Tokyo Halloween Strategy Board Game
Blue Orange Games Shaky Manor Family Game
Munchkin Zombies Deluxe Board Card Game
R.L. Stine Goosebumps Board Game
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game
HABA Board Game Fiery Dragons
Classic Ouija Board
Mansions of Madness
Zombie Vikings Ragnarok Edition
Top Halloween games for kids
These games for kids are fun, not too scary for the little ones and help pass the time and burn off all that extra energy!
- Guess what? This classic Halloween game never fails to get everyone laughing. Prepare some gooey ingredients in a bowl or container and cover them with a cloth. Have fun labelling the bowls with spooky names, for example “eyeballs” (peeled grapes), “witches hair” (bunches of string) or “zombie’s brains” (spaghetti). Have the kids line up and get their hands dirty to guess what’s really in the bowl.
- Pass the pumpkin. This one is simple and not too scary for young kids. Prepare some beautifully decorated pumpkins. Get everyone to sit in a circle and pass a pumpkin around to Halloween music. When the music stops, whichever child is holding the pumpkin is “out” but gets to keep the pumpkin. The game continues until there is a “winner”, who gets a prize.
- How many lollies are in the jar? This is great game to start off the party. Fill up a big jar with lollies and get everyone to guess how many there are inside. At the end, whoever guessed closest to the correct number keeps the jar.
- Ghost stories. Sit everyone down and give each person a pen and piece of paper. Start off the scary story with one sentence and move around the group letting each child add a new sentence to keep the story going.
- Zombie tag. Just like the classic “tip” or “tag” with a Halloween twist. Nominate a “zombie” and let the kids spread out. The “zombie” chases the other kids and whoever gets “tagged” turns into a zombie, too. The last kid standing is the winner. This one works best with a bigger group of kids.
Top Halloween party games for adults and older kids
These games will get your guests thinking, laughing and will set the scene for a fun evening.
- Murder mystery. This role-playing game is a classic and works best if you prepare with a boxed game set or a scenario. Everyone takes a role and at least one person is the “murderer”. Each person gets a character booklet, a set of questions to ask and scenarios to move through until the “murderer” is discovered.
- Halloween trivia. Scour the Internet for inspiration and make up a set of questions about horror movies, folk tales and other Halloween topics.
- Ghost story. The “ghost story” can be really creative and intricate depending on the group. If you’re planning a party ahead of time, send out the opening sentence to your party guests and have them come prepared with their own ghost stories for a more elaborate result.
- Would you survive a horror film? Write up some common scenarios from horror movies and multiple choice actions to get out of the situation. Read out each scenario and get everyone to choose what they would do.
For example: You are running away from a murderous maniac who is reigning havoc on your weekend getaway. Where do you run?
a) To the car, which you drive to the nearest highway;
b) To the tool shed, where you equip yourself with various heavy-duty equipment to defeat the murderer and save your friends; or
c) Into a dark forest, alone.
Whoever gets the most “correct answers” lives and wins.
Top online Halloween games
Remember Halloween Pumpkin
Scary SoundBoard PRO
Hidden Object Mystery: Ghostly Manor
Escape From The Space Station
Halloween: Trick or Treat - Hidden Object Adventure
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Scary Halloween Game
Angry Halloween Game
Where to shop for Halloween costumes and decorations
Take the fuss out of halloween and buy a costume from one of our favourite costume stores
New research from eBay shows that Aussies are buying more Halloween pieces than ever. Read more…
Get ready this Halloween in one of your favourite Disney characters! Read more…
Let your wild side out this Halloween with these fun animal costumes. Read more…
Save yourself the trouble and hit up these top online retailers that all stock pirate costumes. Read more…
Save yourself the hassle and choose a superhero costume this Halloween. Read more…
These Halloween costumes will give you the fright of your life! Read more…