Register with Halifax and take advantage of an industry-leading trading platform that guarantees reliable execution, competitive clearing fees and professional advice.
In recent years, Halifax Investment Services Ltd (HalifaxOnline) has become one of the largest multiplatform brokers in Australia- a position they have earned from years of dedication to the online trading market.
Specialising in clearing and execution facilities, Halifax also maintains one of the fastest account opening process in the industry thanks to the Rapid Account Opening Process™.
What can I trade with Halifax
Halifax provides unique solutions across a range of assets including domestic and international stocks, options, futures, foreign exchange and CFDs.
US and Australian Stocks & Options
Trade with US Stocks & Options online with an experienced online leader in the US market, or trade with Australian Stocks & Options via phone or online.
Contracts for Difference (CFDs)
Halifax’s CFD platform offers Direct Market Access (DMA) on specific CFDs, with tight spreads on CFDs for assets such as indices and commodities.
This type of trading is not without risk, however Halifax offers a range of tools to help you trade while reducing your risk.
Foreign Exchange (Forex)
Halifax provides all of the tools, advice and support you need to trade Forex effectively.
Trading futures with Halifax exposes you to major international markets with the benefit of low commission rates. With Halifax, you can trade Futures and Options on Futures by phone or online.
Trade Finance and Currency Exchange
To help you get a competitive edge, the Halifax Trade Finance Desk offers you the chance to secure one of the lowest rates available in the market.Back to top
What are the features of Halifax Share Trading
Halifax can provide you with trading recommendations to help you make informed decisions for your trading activity. Through their EasyTrade® partnership, they provide entry, exit and stop levels that can be used as a guide when navigating the online platform.
With one account, you can trade a range of financial products and access the latest charting and competitive brokering.
Trade with Halifax from your PC or Mac computer, notebook, tablets or smartphone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This gives you the flexibility to trade when you want.
Education and training
Halifax offers online and face-to-face training through industry workshops that give you insight to market fluctuations and trading strategies.
Efficient application process
This means Halifax can open your account and get you trading within 24 hours of submitting your application.
Halifax provides ongoing coaching and support to help you leverage opportunities within the market.Back to top
What support is available with Halifax Investment Services?
Halifax can provide online and face-to-face training to ensure that you are using their trading platform effectively. All education and professional advice is provided by traders based on realistic and practical experience.
Additionally, Halifax offer an online chat support function where you can speak directly with an experienced investor that will guide you through every step of the way.Back to top
What are the fees using Halifax Trading Platform
Fees you can avoid:
- No registration fee: A $0 application fee means you can get started at minimal cost and focus on maximising your returns.
- No ongoing fee: A $0 account keeping fee means you don’t have to worry about ongoing costs related to maintaining your trading account.
Fees you can’t avoid:
- Live data Feeds: Australian Securities Exchange $AUD 45 per month
Brokerage fees with HalifaxOnline
Other fees may apply, for more information regarding Halifax fees please get in contact with a Halifax representative directly.
|Australian assets fees|
|Shares||$14.95 or 0.12% which ever is greater|
|Options||$8.00 minimum or $3.00 per contract|
|CFDs||$10.00 or 0.12% which ever is greater|
|Product||US Asset Fees|
|Shares||$12.95 or $0.0335 per which ever is greater|
|Options||$8.00 minimum or $3.00 per contract|
|CFDs||$10.00 or 0.0335 per which ever is greater|
What are the pros and cons of a Halifax share trading account?
- Easytrade: The EasyTrade mobile technology helps you get in and out of the trade using the most efficient and informed process available on the market.
- No registration fees: No fees for opening an account with Halifax.
- Professional support: Halifax has a dedicated team of account representatives that are available to answer any questions you might have.
- Limited payment methods: You can only fund your account through bank deposit, electronic transfer or cheque.
- Minimum initial deposit required: The minimum initial deposit of $1000 is required when you open an account with Halifax.
How do I apply for HalifaxOnline?
You can register with Halifax through their Rapid Account Opening Process. This means you can start trading in the domestic and global market within 24 hours of registering.
You can also open your live trading account with a zero balance and no establishment fees, and hold multiple accounts with no obligation to trade.
Follow these steps and you’ll be on your way to trading with Halifax:
- Online form completion: You’ll need to complete an online registration form where you select your account type (i.e. individual, sole trader, joint account etc), personal information (i.e. your name and your guarantor’s name) as well as your financial information (i.e. your bank account details). You’ll also need to provide Halifax with specific documentation, which is outlined below.
- ID validation: Before processing your application, Halifax will need to verify your identity. They can certify your ID online which makes the registration process quick and easy.
- Account funding: Once your application has been approved, all you need to do is fund your account and you’ll be ready to take advantage of the next trading opportunity in the market.
You must provide personal information so that Halifax can determine the most suitable financial products and services for you. This is also required so that Halifax can meet legislative and regulatory requirements.
- You may be required to supply the following information:
- Full name, address & contact details
- Tax File Number (TFN)
- Information regarding your assets, liabilities, investment preferences and risk profile
Commonly asked questions about Halifax, answered
Q. How do I withdraw money from my Halifax account?
A. To withdraw money from your account you’ll need to download and complete the Redemptions Form and send this to Halifax via fax or email.
Q. How do I deposit funds into my account?
A. You can fund your account through bank deposit, electronic transfer and cheque. There are no fees for making a deposit and all details for depositing funds to Halifax are detailed on their website.
Q. What support does Halifax provide?
A. Halifax allows you to access their training workshops and online education resources. All the education and training is provided by traders based on practical industry experience.
Q. Is Halifax a reputable provider? What industry relationships do they have?
A. Halifax is recognised as one of the leading providers in broking and investment services. Halifax is an Australian Securities Exchange (ASX 24) Participant and they are also licensed by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC).
Q. What are the benefits of trading with a public company?
A. As a public company, Halifax provides you with advantages that come from private broking solutions through to institution execution and clearing. By dealing with a public company, you reduce your trading risk compared to some of the “shadow brokers” trading in the marketplace.