Enjoy access to more than 150 currency pairs and a range of flexible trading options when you trade forex online with Halifax Investment Services.
If you want to access the world’s largest market and start trading foreign exchange, you need to find a reliable and experienced forex trading platform. Halifax Investment Services is an Australian provider of online trading services, allowing its customers to not only trade forex but also shares, options, CFDs and a number of other asset classes.
With access to more than 150 currency pairs including majors and a long list of exotics, Halifax offers a wealth of trading solutions. There are two trading platforms available, including MetaTrader 4 (MT4) with its award-winning features, and you can trade on the go from your smartphone or tablet.
Each account is backed by trading tools, educational resources and Monday to Friday customer support, allowing you to get more out of your forex trading.
What are the features of Halifax Investment Services?
Trading forex from a Halifax Investment Services account allows you to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Speed of execution. Fast trade execution means you can take advantage of market opportunities as soon as they arise.
- MetaTrader supported. Halifax Investment Services clients can choose MT4 as their trading platform. The most popular online trading platform in the world, MT4 offers tight variable spreads, one-click trading and advanced charts.
- Choice of platforms. You can choose between the Halifax Pro MT4 platform and Halifax Trader WorkStation. The latter is suited to intermediate and advanced traders and offers a comprehensive suite of trading tools along with access to shares, CFDs, options and several other asset classes.
- Compatible devices. Halifax allows you to trade forex from your PC or Mac as well as from your web browser. Mobile trading with Apple and Android smartphones and tablets is also available.
- Leverage. Halifax offers leverage of up to 500:1, which gives you the freedom to make the most of market moves in your favour.
- Minimum deposit. There is no deposit required to open an account with Halifax Investment Services. This allows you to open an account and then monitor global forex markets before you start trading.
- Payment methods available. You can deposit funds into your Halifax account using any of the following options: credit card, debit card, cheque, bank deposit or electronic transfer.
- Other asset classes. Opening a trading account with Halifax not only gives you access to global forex markets but also lets you trade shares, options, CFDs, indices, ETFs and bonds.
What support is available with Halifax Investment Services?
There is a useful online FAQ section if you need help with your Halifax account or a particular trade. If you can’t find the answer you need, you can also contact Halifax’s customer support team by phone, email or live chat. Support is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm (AEST).
Halifax also offers a number of educational tools and resources to help you broaden your knowledge of forex trading and utilise the features of your account. This includes online and face-to-face training workshops, account and platform tutorials, and ongoing coaching and support.
What are the pros and cons of using Halifax Investment Services?
- Easy to get started. Halifax’s fast account-opening process means you can apply for an account and start trading within 24 hours.
- No deposit required. You don’t need to make a deposit when you open an account, which means you can mon
- Wide range of currency pairs. Halifax allows you to trade more than 150 currency pairs, including a wide range of majors and exotics.
- Trade other assets. If you want to trade shares, CFDs or other financial instruments, you have the freedom to do so from your Halifax account.
- Not a dedicated forex platform. Unlike some online trading providers that specialise in forex, Halifax Investment Services also allows you to trade shares, CFDs and other assets.
- No 24-hour support. Customer support is only available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday (AEST).
How do I apply for an account with Halifax Investment Services?
If you’d like to open a trading account with Halifax Investment Services, click one of the “Apply Now” links on this page to be redirected to an online application form. You’ll need to provide your name, date of birth and contact information to open an account, but there’s no need to make a deposit. It takes less than 24 hours to open an account and you can start trading straight away.
There’s also the option to open a free demo account. This allows you to check out the features Halifax offers and get a feel for what it takes to trade forex successfully.
Do you have more questions about Halifax Investment Services?
How much does it cost to open an account?
There is no charge to open a trading account with Halifax Investment Services.
Can I place trades from my mobile device?
Yes, Halifax allows you to trade forex using Apple and Android tablets and smartphones.
What are the options for depositing money into my Halifax account?
You can deposit funds via debit card, credit card, cheque, electronic transfer or bank deposit.