Half-price KrisFlyer redemptions on Singapore Airlines
Cheap reward seats available, but you'll need to be able to travel soon.
Last month, Singapore Airlines increased the number of KrisFlyer miles you need to redeem for business and first-class flights. That was an annoyance for points hunters, especially coming on top of Virgin cutting the conversion rate for turning Velocity Points into Krisflyer miles.
So from that perspective, a new offer from Singapore Airlines that features discounts of up to 50% on some rewards redemptions is potentially welcome news. However, the conditions are fairly tight.
Here are the key details:
- The discount only applies to redemption flights booked for 1 March 2019 to 31 April 2019.
- You need to book by 28 February 2019.
- Business class seats on selected routes are being offered at Economy Saver redemption rates, while Economy Saver redemption rates have been cut by 50%.
Note that Economy redemption rates didn't actually change last month, making this something of an unexpected bonus. That said, the discounts for Business are better, since a one-way seat from Australia to Singapore that would normally need 62,000 Krisflyer miles drops to just 28,000.
The full list of eligible destinations is on the Singapore Airlines site. Below, I've broken out the discounted points totals for Australia to Singapore flights. Remember you'll still have to pay carrier charges. The deal is available in either direction. Flights for Sydney and Melbourne are also blacked out for 15-17 March and 22-24 March, meaning you can't book for those dates.
|Route||Deal Economy||Deal Business|
If you do have spare time in the next two months and points to spend, then the Business deal is tempting and it might be worth some digging around.
Angus Kidman's Findings column looks at new developments and research that help you save money, make wise decisions and enjoy your life more. It appears regularly on Finder.
- How to tell if your credit card is rewarding you
- Points Finder Rewards Deals: Virgin Australia, Bupa and Vivid Sydney Festival
- Qantas just dropped sale flights to the USA from $849 return
- Qantas is hiding cheap points flights on Airbnb
- Ask Finder: Should I apply for a credit card just to get an introductory offer?