Guarda Wallet – 2021 review
What can you do with Guarda Wallet that you can’t do with other wallets?
- Great for a large number of supported cryptocurrencies
- Not so great for in-wallet purchases and swap fees
Check out our full list of pros and cons or read on.
Guarda Wallet supported cryptocurrenciesWallets supported cryptocurrencies include:
- DASH & 60+ more
What is Guarda Wallet?
Guarda Wallet aims to be the last cryptocurrency application you'll ever need.
- Multicurrency: Guarda supports dozens of coins, and thousands of tokens including ERC20s, BEP-2 and other popular standards.
- Non-custodial: You hold your own private keys, which are generated locally and never leave your device.
- All devices: Web, desktop and mobile wallet variations available
- Cryptocurrency swaps: Swap all supported cryptocurrencies for each from your wallet.
- USD and EUR fiat purchases: Buy and sell cryptocurrency from your wallet, with credit card, via a Simplex integration.
- Chrome extension: Use the Guarda Wallet chrome extension to access dapp ecosystems.
- Token creator: Easily create and customise your own ERC20 tokens through the Guarda Wallet token generator.
- 24/7 support: You can access support from the Guarda team in the event of any issues.
How to set up a Guarda Wallet
To set up a new wallet:
How to use Guarda Wallet
Guarda Wallet is intuitive to use. Simply select the relevant cryptocurrency for any given transaction from the list, and select options such as "send" and "receive" as needed.
How much does it cost?
Guarda Wallet is free to use.
Exchanging tokens or buying cryptocurrency through the wallet will incur a fee though. You can see the fees and spreads prior to buying or swapping cryptocurrency.
Guarda Wallet is non-custodial and partly open source. This means you hold your own private keys, and can examine parts of the Guarda Wallet code to make sure everything is on the level. Guarda Wallet explains that it keeps some parts of its code secret, as it's a proprietary business secret.
But by itself, Guarda Wallet is only as secure as the combination of your password, and the device it's held on.
If someone can access your device, and has your password, they can access Guarda Wallet. Similarly, someone may be able to remotely steal your funds if you're using Guarda Wallet on an unsecure network or an infected computer.
This is why hardware wallets are recommended for additional security.
A Guarda Wallet is much safer with a linked cryptocurrency hardware wallet. With it, someone has to have the hardware wallet physically in their hand to take funds from the wallet.
In a nutshell
- Large number of supported cryptocurrencies. Almost everyone will find their chosen cryptocurrencies supported by Guarda Wallet.
- Wide range of features. In-wallet purchases and swaps, a token generator, the Chrome extension and staking support for some coins make Guarda much more useful than the average wallet.
- Free. Guarda is free to use.
- Phone, desktop and web wallets. Guarda Wallet is available for all devices.
- Chrome extension. You can access the world of dapps from your Guarda wallet.
- Customer support. Unlike many non-custodial wallets, Guarda has actual customer support in addition to a helpful community.
- Non-custodial. Only you hold your own private keys.
- In-wallet purchase and swap fees. It will typically be more cost-effective, but less convenient, to use cryptocurrency exchanges instead of buying and swapping directly from your wallet.
- Partly closed source: Some degree of trust may still be required when using Guarda Wallet.