Do you have health insurance with GU Health? Find out what other discounted insurance options are available to you.
Grand United Corporate Health (GU Health) is the only health fund in Australia focused solely on providing health insurance products to corporations. Part of the larger Australian Unity Group, GU Health retains the flexibility to innovate and tailor solutions to its members and as a member of the Australian Health Service Alliance (AHSA), it is able to negotiate favourable hospital contracts and provide generous benefits above the industry average.
Other types of cover available
As well as corporate hospital and extras cover, GU Health cover provides its members with access to discounted travel insurance through an arrangement with ACE Travel Insurance, which offers both leisure and business travel insurance options.
Leisure travel insurance
Leisure travel insurance includes a choice of domestic or international travel and three levels of cover: Essential, Premium and Elite. Features include:
- Overseas medical and dental expenses
- Additional expenses
- Loss of deposits and cancellation charges
- Luggage and travel documents
- Rental vehicle excess
- Travel delay accommodation
- Flight delay
- Cash in hospital
- Public transport hijacking and kidnapping
- Personal liability
- Accidental loss of life and permanent loss
- Credit card balance
- Legal expenses
Business travel insurance
This provides a range of benefits including:
- Evacuation and repatriation
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Medical expenses cover
- Alternative employee/resumption of assignment expenses
- Lost baggage
- Lost or stolen money
- Cancellation cover
- Loss of deposits
- Accidental death
- Personal liability
What are the benefits of GU Health?
A corporate insurance specialist, GU Health tailors its health plans to suit the needs of different corporate entities and is able to boast some of the most attractive returns in the industry. It offers an average return of 73.6% on extras services, which is well above the industry average of 48.1%.
This is based on a percentage-of-cost benefit, which is not dependent on a preferred provider network, meaning you get more back regardless of which provider you choose to visit. GU Health also offers a higher than average level of comprehensive hospital cover when its members are admitted to hospital.
GU Health members also enjoy a range of discounts and incentives with the fund’s partners, including:
- Specially negotiated travel insurance premiums with ACE Travel Insurance
- 20% off clothing and accessories at Brooks Running
- Up to $50 off hundreds of brands at Onsport
- A 20% discount on bras at Moving Comfort
- A 10% discount at The Hamper Emporium
Compare your options and get health insurance today
- Health round-up: Evidence for baby brain, obesity in the spotlight and dementia being forgotten
- Anti-sugar crusaders remain committed to sugar tax
- Band-aid solutions aren’t fixing the opioid epidemic
- Australia’s weight-loss surgery boom could change superannuation rules
- Australia to become the largest medicinal cannabis exporter
- Health round-up: Gaming addiction, food stars and medical specialists