You are interested in creating and implementing experiments that validate revenue-influencing changes. You love A/B testing and using data to make decisions. If you have won a hack day, we want you!
"The heart of growth hacking is the relentless focus on growth as the only metric that truly matters."
- This individual will help lead the growth charge with innovative, data-proven changes to the website that drives revenue and traffic growth.
- Work with engineering, design and the rest of the product team to execute initiatives identified.
- Define ‘minimally viable tests’ and implement them live.
- Develop testing ideas based on web analytics, user testing and just your intuition.
- Manage an ongoing queue of experiments from multiple business functions.
- Run tests to not only prove new revenue opportunities but to also product developments that users don't actually want.
- Collaborate with product team, founders and other teams to develop hypotheses, analyze test data, derive insights and develop recommendations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You are methodical in your approach to writing, testing, and designing code for experiments
- Have 2+ years working as a web developer
- Data analysis: You are very comfortable with gathering data and using spreadsheets to make data decisions
- Can program top-notch JQuery and regex functions
- Are painfully familiar with all the challenges of the various web browsers
- Have working knowledge of SQL
- Ability to seamlessly transition from high-level creative brainstorming to conducting an experiment and sweating the details
- Know your way around Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- You can make a cost benefit analysis of doing an experiment, so you can prioritise your experiments
- Tinker with platform APIs and help create industry-leading growth tactics
- Analyze and report growth success to the management team
- You love to run experiments and are comfortable with them failing, as you know 1 of them will hit it big!
- You are a tinkerer, you love to try and make little prototypes and experiments work
- You will probably have a strange job history as you have never quite found a place to experiment your ideas
- You are comfortable with killing sacred cows with data proven results
- Do whatever it takes!
You get bonus points if you:
- Have won hack-day competitions
- Have run an A/B or multivariate test and used the data generated from it to make a product decision
- If you were a product manager or a sales / account manager in your past, that allowed you to gain customer insights
- Can work in a cross-functional and multi-location team in a collaborative environment
- Have earned a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Mathematics
To apply, please answer the following questions
- How should humans make space flight cheaper and more regular?
- Who is your favourite Doctor?
- Why do you want to work on finder.com.au?
- Balsamiq or Visio or Popapp, why?
- Do you prefer Monday or Friday launches? Why?
- How many lego pieces can fit into a Mini Cooper? Show your workings?
- What product comparison should finder.com.au launch?
- Write a pseudocode query to eliminate duplicate values from a data set
- What is your super power?
If you think you have the skills and passion necessary to fill this role, please write in confidence to myself, Fred Schebesta, at email@example.com.
Please do not apply if:
- You don’t LOVE producing things on the Internet
- You don’t consider yourself an Internet geek
- NineMSN appears on your browser home page
- You’re a recruitment agency