Greater Bank Bonus Saver
With a bonus interest rate as an incentive you won’t be tempted to take out any of your money with the Bonus Saver Account.
Good saving habits are rewarded when you invest your money in Greater Bank's Bonus Saver Account. All you have to do is commit to one deposit and no withdrawals, and the total of your balance is augmented by a competitive interest rate. There are no fees eating away at your money, making it even easier to reach your savings goals.
Maximum variable rate
Base interest rate
Minimum opening balance
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Monthly account keeping fees
You are not charged a monthly maintenance fee with the Bonus Saver account.
Bonus interest rate requirements
So long as you make at least one deposit in a month and no withdrawals, you will be rewarded with bonus interest. No interest is earned if you do not meet those conditions, and it is important to note that interest earnings don't count as a deposit.
Interest is calculated daily and paid into the account on the last day of the month only if you made no withdrawals and at least one deposit. If you do not meet that requirement for one month, you are still given the chance in the next.
Accessing your account
You are able to access your account and make transfers using internet, mobile and phone banking.
Greater Bank app gives you access to your account using a smartphone. You can download either the Android or iOS version depending on the operating system of your mobile phone.
With the Bonus Saver comes unlimited, free transactions.
This account may be opened by individuals for personal purposes, or as a joint account. It is not permitted to use this account to process funds held in a trust.
How to apply
If the conditions of the Bonus Saver account work with your saving style, you may apply for this account online. Completing the application should only take about ten minutes, but you should start by checking if you meet the eligibility requirements:
- Minimum age. Only individuals who are over the age of 16 can apply for this account. If opening a joint account, both individuals should fill out the application.
- Residency requirements. Permanent Australian residents can apply provided that you have a residential address in Australia.
- Depository requirements. In order to open a Bonus Saver account you will need to make an initial deposit of at least one dollar.
After ensuring that you are able to meet the eligibility requirements, you should get the following documentation ready to complete the application. Keep in mind that if applying for a joint account, you are going to need these documents for both applicants:
- Tax file number. On an interest earning account, tax is withheld on the interest paid to you. If you don't want it to be withheld at the highest marginal rate, consider giving Greater Bank your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption codes.
- Identification. Your identity can be verified by Greater Bank online by using details found on your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card.
- Mobile phone number. Your mobile number will be used to send you an authorisation code to use once your account has been activated.
What happens after I submit my application?
So long as your identity can be verified online your new savings account will be available for you almost immediately. A verification code will be sent to your mobile phone, and once authorised you can begin adding to your savings account.