Google will reportedly announce Google Home Mini on 4 October
Alongside the Pixel 2, expect a smaller Google Home Mini speaker very soon.
Google had already teased that it was going to announce a new series of Pixel phones on 4 October, almost certainly the Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2, but alongside those new phones, it is also reportedly set to announce a new, smaller model of the Google Home speaker.
It's a Google Home speaker, so naturally the Google Assistant is built into the device, and it appears to have top-mounted LED lights to indicate activity, the same as the existing Google Home speaker.
Unlike the existing Google Home speaker, the base won't be interchangeable on the new Google Home Mini, with fixed dark, white and coral bases on each speaker choice.
Google has only relatively recently made the original Google Home speaker available in Australia, so it will be interesting to see if we get the Google Home Mini a bit quicker, especially with the incoming threat of Amazon and its Alexa voice assistant, already available on a range of devices in the US market.
- Money Hack: Earn Qantas Points by protecting your business vehicles
- Stop and give-way intersections most dangerous for cyclists
- New on Netflix Australia and Stan in June 2018: Farewell Sense8, we hardly know youse
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency round-up 25 May 2018
- US regulators going after crypto-market manipulators
For more technology news, deals and offers, follow and subscribe below
Image: Droid Life