Google has snipped away exactly what it needed to on the Pixel 3a to bring it down in price while still retaining that great Pixel feel.
- Single camera is great for everyday photos
- Guaranteed Android updates
- Ideal for Android fans on a budget
- First headphone jack on a Pixel phone
- Very plain design
- Why no Purple-ish colour Down Under?
- Fixed at 64GB storage
- No wireless charging
Google's Pixel 3a is meant to be the more "affordable" Pixel phone, with a price point that plants it squarely in the mid-range category of mobile phones.
Google's essentially taken the recipe for the Google Pixel 3 and shaken out a few premium features, but nothing truly essential. The end result is the best mid-range phone you can buy right now.
- Plastic case, but classic Pixel design
- No water resistance
- No notch
- Active Edge sides
- Headphone jack
- The same great rear Pixel camera
- Selfie cam doesn't shoot as wide as the Pixel 3
- A great choice for those who don't want to tweak photos themselves
- Snapdragon 670 provides solid performance for the mid-range
- Android upgrades assured
- 64GB storage with no expansion
- Google AR maps works quite well
- 3,000mAh battery is acceptable, but not great
- Lacks wireless charging
- Clean Android and an excellent easy camera make this a good choice
Pricing and availability
- Pricing at $649 outright
- Available on contract exclusively through Vodafone
Google Pixel 3a
A Pixel phone at half the price
The Google Pixel 3a gives you the best of Google without the premium price tag. Buy yours today.
The Google Pixel 3a sells in Australia for $649 outright, while the Pixel 3a XL will cost you $799 outright.
The Google Pixel 3a is also available on contract terms in Australia exclusively through Vodafone.
Google Pixel 3a specs
Power, storage and battery
|Display size||5.6 inches|
|Resolution||1080 x 2280|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||441|
|Rear camera megapixels||12.2MP|
|Rear camera aperture size||f/1.8|
|Front camera megapixels||8MP|
|Front camera aperture size||f/2.0|
|Dimensions||151.3mm x 70.1mm x 8.2mm|
|Network category speed||Category 11|
|Operating system||Android 9|
|External storage support||Up to N/A|
Compare Google Pixel 3a plans
Latest Google news
Google's upcoming Pixel 4 handset looks to ditch the single camera approach, while still delivering the pure Android experiences we've come to expect. Read more…
Google has snipped away exactly what it needed to on the Pixel 3a to bring it down in price while still retaining that great Pixel feel. Read more…
Google has reportedly pulled Huawei's Android licence, blocking it from Android services and updates. Here's what that's going to mean in Australia. Read more…