We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on. Read more…
Google Pixel 2 XL Review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
Google's supersized Pixel 2 XL impresses with swift performance, excellent battery life and a super-fast camera.
1440 x 2880px
Finder rated as Good vs similar phones
Power, storage and battery
|Launch price (RRP)||$1,399|
- Incredible single lens camera performance
- Great battery life
- Nippy app performance
- Water resistant
What needs improvement
- No microSD expansion
- Single lens is still photographically limiting
- No headphone jack
- Screen issues shouldn't happen at this price point
Google has a long history of developing its "own" Android handsets, stretching back through the Nexus phones and tablets to the emergence of its more premium-styled and premium-priced Pixel devices.
The Google Pixel 2 XL is a Telstra-exclusive Android handset that sells itself on just how pure its Android vision is. Indeed, it's the most Google-centric phone in the entire Android world, and a fine premium device in its own right.
- Plain design
- Predictably lacks a headphone jack
- The best single-lens camera money can buy.
- Lens will limit your photographic possibilities.
- Smooth performance under Android Oreo or Android Pie.
- Blue tint on P-OLED screen is regrettable.
- Good all-day battery life.
- Wireless charging is surprisingly missing (and missed!)
- A great handset for Android purists
- Single lens camera and that blue-tint screen means it's still worth comparing.