Planning a well-earned holiday? Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance delivers comprehensive cover with no travel agent commission fees
Senior citizens travelling overseas are more prone to injuries and illnesses due to their age, which is why they need travel insurance that targets their specific needs. Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance has great travel insurance for Australian seniors, covering them for a wide range of situations including medical emergencies, flight cancellations and loss of luggage.
One of the main benefits of travel insurance form Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance is that it has no travel agent commissions, making it more affordable than other travel insurance products in the market. Seniors are also given a 14 day cooling off period to cancel their policy should they change their travel plans or find out that the cover is not appropriate for them.
What are the Benefits Offered by Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance?
- Cover for over 80s. Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance have a higher cut off when it comes to the maximum age of people they are willing to insure than other insurers. Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance provides cover for seniors until the age of 84. This is a major benefit as most travel insurance brands in Australia do not have travel insurance for seniors above the age of 60 or 70.
- International and domestic cover. Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance also offers an international and domestic travel insurance option for seniors, ensuring they are covered for travel mishaps both at home and abroad.
- AIG Travel Guard. Another benefit is that the product is backed by AIG's Travel Guard. Travel Guard connects policyholders with a network of doctors and medical professionals who are located in various overseas destinations and ready to offer emergency medical care.
- Existing conditions. Cover for existing medical conditions is one of the most contentious areas in travel insurance, as most insurers will not cover medical expenses caused by such conditions and this could lead to complications while making insurance claims. Good2Go travel insurance makes covering medical conditions a lot easier, as it covers a variety of conditions that could complicate your health while on your travels, including asthma, tinnitus, allergies, epilepsy, osteoporosis and hay fever.
- Other benefits. Seniors are covered for:
- missed connections
- travel delays
- lost luggage
- overseas hospital expenses
- emergency expenses
- cancellation fees.
Who Needs Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance?
Choosing the right travel insurance is of utmost importance, as your policy should offer benefits that are relevant to your destination, health and travel needs. Good2Go travel insurance is available to all seniors, with options for seniors up to the age of 84 at the time of travel to apply. If you are over 85 years, you will have to obtain the Mature Age Assessment application form from AIG before you can apply for travel insurance.
Luckily, Good2Go realises that some people are never going to let their age get in the way, which is why all of the policies cover a range of sporting and adventure activities. These activities include bungee jumping, trekking, snow skiing and para-sailing.Back to top
How to File a Claim With Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance
Good2Go’s claims process is designed to resolve all your claims quickly and efficiently so you are reimbursed for all your travel losses and unforeseen expenses in good time. If you wish to make any claim on your Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance, you have to do so as soon as possible. In fact, you must file your claim to AIG within 30 days of completing your travel for it to be successfully processes. You also have the option of lodging your claim online or downloading an AIG claim form their website.
In order to be reimbursed for any lost, stolen or damaged personal effects, you are required to prove ownership by providing original invoices, receipts, or vouchers related to the alleged loss or expense. The insurer is under no obligation to compensate you for any item if you cannot provide proof of ownership, so keep all relevant ownership documents safe. You will also need to provide your Certificate of Insurance and provide the insurer with any information they request.Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions About Good2Go Mature Age Travel Insurance
Who can apply for Good2Go Travel Insurance?
All permanent Australian residents who wish to travel to an overseas destination or travel within Australia and then return to their home in Australia after the completion of their trip are eligible for a travel insurance policy from AIG. Children under 25 years who are travelling with you and who are dependent on you financially will automatically be covered by your policy at no additional cost on international and domestic travel insurance products.
Can I insure items worth more than $1000?
Yes, international and frequent travellers are covered for each item for a maximum of $1000. However, for an additional premium, you can increase the cover on each item you travel with for up to $4000. Items such as cameras, laptops, video cameras and computer equipment are all covered for up to $3000 once you purchase your AIG travel insurance.
Can I extend my policy while travelling?
Yes. An international or domestic traveler can extend their policy prior to the expiry date on their original policy. The extension is subject to a review of your claims history and new travel arrangements, and your cover must not exceed 12 months from the departure date on your original Certificate of insurance. Frequent travellers are covered under an annual multi-trip plan and can therefore not extend their trip beyond 45 days.
Who is Good2Go Travel Insurance?
Good2Go travel insurance provides comprehensive travel insurance products for Australian families and singles in a variety of situations. Good2Go understands that overseas travel contains many unknowns that can ruin your trip and leave you stranded, which is why it is dedicated to providing travel insurance products to comprehensive cover.
Good2Go travel insurance is designed to restore certainty to your travels by covering you for events such as overseas medical expenses, travel delays and cancellations, altered prepaid travel arrangements, car rental excess and other emergency expenses.
Good2Go is backed by AIG's Travel Guard, which is a worldwide team of skilled doctors and medical experts available to you should you need medical care while travelling overseas. With a 14 day cooling off period within which to cancel your purchased cover, and no travel agent commissions, Good2Go travel insurance offers a convenient and affordable way to protect yourself from travel mishaps while outside Australia or travelling domestically.Back to top