How does a Cash Loan from Good to Go work?
Cash loans from Good to Go are available from $500 - $5,000 on loan terms from 4 to 52 weeks. These are short term, payday loans intended to tide people over financially in the case of an unexpected expense until their next payday.
As with other payday loans, application and funding is usually fast and straightforward. Once Good to Go receives an application along with all of the required documents, they take no more than a few minutes to complete the assessment and give the applicant an answer. Upon approval, the successful applicant will receive the contract’s details via email, which they will have to sign digitally. Once this is done, customers can get access to their funds almost immediately, or overnight.
Other cash loans to apply for
Whilst we don't compare this loan directly, here are some other loans that are similar.
Updated February 20th, 2020
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
If you're experiencing financial hardship and would like to speak to someone for free financial counselling, you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007. It is open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. When comparing short term loans, ensure you take into consideration any fees, charges and rates you may be charged. It's important to weigh up all your options before applying for any form of credit.
The features Good to Go offer with its Cash Loan
Good to Go Cash Loans come with various features, which include the following:
- Low minimum amount. If someone doesn't need too much money, they can borrow as little as $500 through a Good to Go Cash Loan. The maximum someone can borrow is $5,000.
- Flexible loan terms. While the amount someone borrows has a bearing on the loan term, these loans, in general, come with minimum and maximum loans terms of 4 weeks and 52 weeks, respectively.
- Flexible repayments. Customers can line up their repayments in accordance to their pay schedule, as this loan accepts weekly, fortnightly, and monthly repayments.
- Additional repayments. Loan applicants can make additional repayments towards their loan at any time, and they can make these payments via direct debit, money order, cheque, EFTPOS, and even cash. If someone pays the loan off ahead of time, they don’t have to pay any early payout fees, and would save money over the life of the loan.
- All applications considered. Good to Go considers all applications for its Cash Loans, so as long as someone has the ability to repay they can apply, even if they receive Centrelink income, if they're self-employed, and if they have a bad credit history.
Fees and charges
Customers don’t have to pay any fees to apply, and this loan does not attract any early payout fees. Upon approval, you get a complete list of all other associated fees and charges. Going through this list of fees and charges is always a good idea, given that this gives an indication of the fees to avoid (such as late payment and default fees) and the fees you have to pay.
If the associated fees and charges outlined in the contract are considered to be too high, the applicant is under no obligation to accept the loan terms and can cancel the application free of charge.
How to apply for a Cash Loan from Good to Go
Customers can apply for a cash loan from Good to Go online by visiting the company website and submitting an application form, followed by uploading their required loan assessment documents using the Good to Go Document Portal. These documents include two forms of identification, as well as income verification documents in the form of tax returns, payslips, bank statements, or Centrelink statements. Customers also have to upload bank transaction details for the last 90 days.
Applying for a Good to Go Cash Loan requires that applicants visit the Good to Go website and submit an online application. Applicants have to meet the following eligibility criteria. They must:
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
- Bee over 18 years of age
- Have a regular source of income
Completing the application successfully requires that customers provide a range of information about themselves, including:
- Personal details like their complete name and date of birth
- Contact details like their residential address, email address, and phone number
- Their employment status and other employment-related information
- Details surrounding their income and debts
Good to Go Cash Loans offer repayment flexibility while allowing applicants to choose between different loan terms. Prospective applicants should however bear in mind that they can find similar features in other loans, so it's a good idea to compare options before applying.