Go Insurance Inbound Travel Insurance

Visiting Australia? Consider Go Insurance Inbound Travel Insurance with cover for emergency medical expenses.

This travel insurance policy is ideal for non-residents planning to travel to Australia. You are covered for medical emergencies, loss and theft for your journeys into Australia, around the country and back to your home country. Unlike most travel insurance policies, you can purchase this policy after your arrival in Australia.

However, the policy is not available to cover only your return journey.

Travel insurance is the best thing you can do to ensure peace of mind while on holiday. Depending on the policy and level of cover you choose, the terms of your contract provides a safety net in the event of accidents, medical emergencies and loss of personal property.

finder.com.au does not currently have access to this travel insurance brand. You may wish to compare options available on the travel insurance homepage.

What does the Go Travel Insurance Inbound Travel Plan cover?

Ideal for return trips to and around Australia, this policy provides full cover for both leisure and business travelling. The Inbound Travel Plan cover includes:

  • Medical expenses (includes repatriation and funeral expenses)
  • Additional costs for travel and accommodation
  • Hospital cash
  • Cancellation and curtailment
  • Loss of personal property
  • Delayed luggage and emergency purchases
  • Personal money
  • Loss of documents
  • Disrupted travel
  • Hijacking
  • Car hire excess
  • Accidental death
  • Personal liability up to $2 million

Go Travel Insurance Inbound Plan worldwide assistance

This in-bound non-resident travel insurance policy provides full cover for travel to Australia, including 24-hour emergency assistance when you need it. If you find yourself in a medical or other emergency situation, Go Insurance places at your disposal a network of doctors and other medical professionals to which you have access 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you anticipate medical fees exceeding $2,000, get in touch with the Go Insurance multilingual team as quickly as possible so that it can address your emergency.

Who is eligible for the Go Travel Insurance Inbound Travel Insurance plan?

As long as you’re aged 75 years and under at the time of purchase, you are eligible for application. Your application will be considered if your visit to Australia is temporary, meaning that you have a booked return flight to your home country. In the event of a claim, you might be asked to prove your residency before anything is taken into account.

If you’d like to apply, you must call Go Insurance directly. You can find Go Insurance contact details here. You’ll be asked to product certain documentation and observe a duty of disclosure. This entails being as honest and complete when providing application information.

How to make a claim with Go Travel Insurance

If you need to make a claim from your Go Insurance policy, here are the steps to take:

  • Notify Go Insurance immediately. The sooner you get in touch, the quicker your claim is processed. In some cases, you might even be penalised for late notification as compensation for the additional work it implies for Go Insurance.
  • Submit documentation. Depending on the nature of your claim, you will be asked to submit certain documents as supporting evidence for your claim. Besides the claims form, these can include medical and police reports, luggage tags, itineraries, proof of expenses and original receipts to prove ownership. The more complete your dossier, the better the chance of a speedy, efficient claims process.
  • Comply with the terms of the policy It’s important to comply with all policy terms and provisions. Supply the necessary documentation, answer all questions truthfully and be available for follow-ups and interviews. If you refuse to comply, your claim will be rejected.

Apply for Go Insurance Inbound Travel Insurance now

Maurice Thach

An insurance researcher and writer for finder.com.au who loves finding an answer to the question "Am I covered for ________?" Maurice has also completed a Tier 1 Life Insurance and a Tier 2 General Insurance Certification under ASIC's Regulatory Guide 146. This means he can confidently provide general advice for life insurance and non-life insurance products.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.

2 Responses

  1. Default Gravatar
    October 25, 2016

    I’m looking for my Mum’s travel insurance from Manila to Brisbane and return she is 78 yrs old and will stay her in Australia for 78 days, can you please give me you Quote? Thank You.

    • finder Customer Care
      RichardOctober 26, 2016Staff

      Hi Teodoro,

      Thanks for getting in touch. finder.com.au is a comparison service and not an insurer. You will need to enter your mother’s travel details on the GoInsurance website for a quote.

      All the best,

Ask a question
Go to site