We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
What do GMT Money Transfer exchange rates compare?
GMT Money Transfer regularly updates its exchange rates throughout the day to reflect changing market conditions. By cutting out the middleman in foreign exchange transactions and using modern technology during the transfer process, GMT claims it is able to save on operating costs and therefore, pass those savings on to its customers.
Usually offering rates better than you can find from the banks, GMT allows customers to view its current exchange rates when you click on ‘Go to site’. You can see a snapshot below.
How much does it cost to transfer money with GMT Money Transfer?
The fees that apply to your GMT Money Transfer transaction will vary depending on where you are sending your money, how much money you send and the transfer method you select. For example, the following fees apply to transfers to India:
- Transfer amounts of $0 to $2,499 attract a $5 fee
- Transfer amounts of $2,500 or above to not attract any transfer fees
Transfers to Pakistan, meanwhile, do not attract any fees but transfers to the Philippines will attract a fee of either $5 (if you send up to $500) or $10 (when you send $501 or above). A flat transfer fee of $10 applies when you send funds to Bangladesh, Nepal or Sri Lanka, while other charges may be imposed by overseas banks or if you amend a transaction.
What's the minimum transfer amount and available countries?
There is no specified minimum transfer limit listed on the GMT Money Transfer and Exchange website. Transfers of more than $25,000 are allowed if you contact GMT Money Transfer directly.
GMT offers support for the following currencies:
What types of transfers can you carry out with GMT Money Transfer?
There are two types of transfers that can be carried out with GMT:
- Bank account deposits. The funds you send will usually arrive in your recipient’s overseas account within 1-2 business days.
- Cash pickup. The funds you send will typically be available for collection from an agent location within 10 minutes.
Transfers can be lodged online through the GMT Money Transfer website. If you ever need assistance with a transfer, GMT offers phone, fax, email and live chat customer support.Back to top
What's the registration and transfer process?
Before you can send money overseas with GMT Money Transfer you will need to fill out an application form. You can apply through the GMT website or submit your completed application form in person, by email or by fax.
In order to send a transfer you will need to provide:
- Transaction details. This includes the amount you wish to send and the currency you will be sending.
- Sender details. Provide your name, address, contact details, photo ID, occupation and the purpose of your transfer.
- Beneficiary details. Provide the name, address, contact details, occupation and bank account details (if required) of your recipient.
- Payment details. Choose whether you would like to make a bank deposit or for your recipient to receive their funds in cash. GMT has more than 1,000 affiliated offices worldwide.
What are the pros and cons of using a GMT Money Transfer?
- Fee-free. Send more than $2,500 to an Indian bank account and you will not have to pay any transfer.
- Multiple currencies. GMT Money Transfer offers support for more than 45 currencies.
- Customer support. GMT Money Transfer can be contacted via phone, email, fax and live chat if you ever require help with a transaction.
- Fee-free only to India. Fee-free transfers are only available to India - not to other countries.
What other products and services does GMT Money Transfer offer?
GMT Money Transfer concentrates its activities solely on handling international money transfers and foreign exchange services.
Questions asked by users
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
WorldFirst sends 60+ currencies at competitive rates. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Send guarantees to match any competitor’s exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Send provides fee-free transfers via its 24/7 multi-currency payments platform with real-time quotes.
Ask an Expert