GMT money transfer and exchanges
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
What do GMT Money Transfer exchange rates compare?
GMT Money Transfer regularly updates its exchange rates throughout the day to reflect changing market conditions. By cutting out the middleman in foreign exchange transactions and using modern technology during the transfer process, GMT claims it is able to save on operating costs and therefore, pass those savings on to its customers.
Usually offering rates better than you can find from the banks, GMT allows customers to view its current exchange rates when you click on ‘Go to site’. You can see a snapshot below.
How much does it cost to transfer money with GMT Money Transfer?
The fees that apply to your GMT Money Transfer transaction will vary depending on where you are sending your money, how much money you send and the transfer method you select. For example, the following fees apply to transfers to India:
- Transfer amounts of $0 to $2,499 attract a $5 fee
- Transfer amounts of $2,500 or above to not attract any transfer fees
Transfers to Pakistan, meanwhile, do not attract any fees but transfers to the Philippines will attract a fee of either $5 (if you send up to $500) or $10 (when you send $501 or above). A flat transfer fee of $10 applies when you send funds to Bangladesh, Nepal or Sri Lanka, while other charges may be imposed by overseas banks or if you amend a transaction.
What's the minimum transfer amount and available countries?
There is no specified minimum transfer limit listed on the GMT Money Transfer and Exchange website. Transfers of more than $25,000 are allowed if you contact GMT Money Transfer directly.
GMT offers support for the following currencies:
What types of transfers can you carry out with GMT Money Transfer?
There are two types of transfers that can be carried out with GMT:
- Bank account deposits. The funds you send will usually arrive in your recipient’s overseas account within 1-2 business days.
- Cash pickup. The funds you send will typically be available for collection from an agent location within 10 minutes.
Transfers can be lodged online through the GMT Money Transfer website. If you ever need assistance with a transfer, GMT offers phone, fax, email and live chat customer support.Back to top
What's the registration and transfer process?
Before you can send money overseas with GMT Money Transfer you will need to fill out an application form. You can apply through the GMT website or submit your completed application form in person, by email or by fax.
In order to send a transfer you will need to provide:
- Transaction details. This includes the amount you wish to send and the currency you will be sending.
- Sender details. Provide your name, address, contact details, photo ID, occupation and the purpose of your transfer.
- Beneficiary details. Provide the name, address, contact details, occupation and bank account details (if required) of your recipient.
- Payment details. Choose whether you would like to make a bank deposit or for your recipient to receive their funds in cash. GMT has more than 1,000 affiliated offices worldwide.
What are the pros and cons of using a GMT Money Transfer?
- Fee-free. Send more than $2,500 to an Indian bank account and you will not have to pay any transfer.
- Multiple currencies. GMT Money Transfer offers support for more than 45 currencies.
- Customer support. GMT Money Transfer can be contacted via phone, email, fax and live chat if you ever require help with a transaction.
- Fee-free only to India. Fee-free transfers are only available to India - not to other countries.
What other products and services does GMT Money Transfer offer?
GMT Money Transfer concentrates its activities solely on handling international money transfers and foreign exchange services.
Questions asked by users
More guides on Finder
How to watch Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder BBL live and match preview
The Sixers and Thunder clash in the biggest Sydney Derby in the history of the Big Bash League.
Where to watch Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses online
Who will be declared House Cup Champion?
How to watch Ray Donovan: The Movie online in Australia
Will Mickey Donovan finally die in this wrap-up movie?
RAT scams: How to avoid getting conned with rapid antigen tests
Don't fall for the scam artists when you're trying to protect your health - here's what to check.
How to do a COVID-19 test at home for international travel
Here's where you can book COVID-19 at-home tests approved for travel and how they work.
Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
We've rounded up everything you need to nail the 'date-worthy' makeup look, including some affordable dupes.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Beauty Product of the Week: Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
We tried the viral Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and spoiler alert, it's the bee's knees.
Where to watch Hotel Transylvania 4 online for free in Australia
Drac and the Pack are back, like you’ve never seen them before.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
New customers get their first transaction for free with code FIRSTFREE. T&Cs apply.
Send money in minutes at competitive exchange rates with this Australian money transfer service.
Ask an Expert