GIO Tradespeople Insurance Review
Being a tradie may not be the most glamorous profession you could have chosen to pursue, but you are here because you are a tactile person, someone who enjoys a three dimensional workspace and excels at bringing plans and ideas to life. While working with your hands may seem natural to you, there are many people out there who wouldn’t be able to keep up on a worksite, or decipher, let alone create, a building plan, which is why you are able to be in business for yourself, putting your skills, experience and knowledge to practical use for those without the practical skills.
Inclusions in GIO Tradespeople Insurance Cover
GIO Tradespeople Insurance is designed to protect you if you are a:
- Residential builder
- Landscape gardener
- Lawn mower
- Mobile mechanic
If your trade isn’t listed here, you can contact GIO for more information about cover for your specific industry and business. GIO can tailor cover to a range of business types, sizes and industries, so you don’t have to take risks in looking after your business, just as you wouldn’t cut corners in your work.
GIO Tradespeople Insurance protects you with specialised features such as:
- Cover for the tools of your trade as you move from site to site, with cover anywhere in Australia.
- Cover for personal accidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Cover Australia wide for liability claims against tradespeople.
GIO Insurance offers a range of business insurance cover options to suit your needs and with every policy you are protected by a fast and easy claims process to make sure your business can get back to normal as soon as possible and you and your clients are looked after along the way.
GIO Tradespeople Insurance also includes standard business covers such as:
- Public and product liability. Covers your legal liability for personal injury or damage to property which is cause as a result of your business operations.
- Tax audit protection. This feature doesn’t protect you from being audited, but will cover your professional fees such as accounting and legal fees if your business is audited by the Australian Tax Office.
- Personal accident and illness insurance. In the case of most tradespeople, your business doesn’t run without you, so if you become sick or injured and unable to work, GIO offers insurance against loss of income for the person named on the policy.
- Fire and other damage. Protects your business building and contents for eligible events such as fire, storm, impact, lightning, explosion and earthquake. This feature also includes cover for the cost of removing debris, but does not include flood cover.
- Business interruption insurance. Covers your business for loss of gross profits or gross rentals as the result of interruption to your business due to fire, burglary or other insured events.
- Burglary cover. Covers your business for the theft of stock, customers’ goods, electronic equipment and other business contents as the result of forced and violent entry to your premises.
- Money. Covers you for the loss or theft of money from your business in certain locations. This feature does not include cover for clerical errors or theft by employees.
- Glass insurance. Covers broken glass, the cost of temporary shuttering, the replacement of signage, repair to plastic signs up to $1,000 and the cost value of stock damaged by broken glass.
- Goods in transit cover. Protects any business goods which are lost or damaged in transit.
- Fraud and dishonesty. Insures you against the loss of goods or money as the result of acts of fraud or dishonesty on the part of your employees.
- Equipment breakdown. Covers the costs of repairing or replacing mechanical or electrical equipment used in your business and certain other eligible electronic devices.
- General property insurance. Protects everyday items used in your business such as power tools or mobile phones, wherever you are in Australia.