Gifts can be thoughtful at any price. Read this guide to get some ideas if you have a $40 budget.
Buying a gift is easier when you set a price cut-off. Sticking to a budget of $40 per gift (except for special situations, of course!) will help narrow down your choices. In this article, we give you the lowdown on buying the perfect gifts for under $40.
Left gift buying to the last minute? Buy one of these online gift vouchers:
Current deals and specials
Why shop at finder.com.au for gifts under $40?
finder.com.au has a comprehensive list of retail partners that offer great deals for gifts. You will definitely find the right gifts for your family and friends for under $40. Take advantage of the exclusive discounts by using our website. Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Discount codes. Get discounts on your purchases by using the promotions and codes we find on our website. finder.com.au aims to get the best and the latest promo codes from our online retail partners. You can potentially save hundreds of dollars this holiday season and beyond with these codes.
- Free delivery. Avoid the aggravation of having to push through the crowds just to get your shopping done and have your items brought to you. You might even be able to get free delivery when you purchase from our online retail partners, but note that free shipping is sometimes only available if your total order reaches over a certain amount.
- Wide range of selections. There are literally thousands of products you can choose from. The selection available to you ranges from home improvement items to fashion accessories. All of these are available with a click of your mouse.
How to choose the perfect gift
Finding 'just the right gift' for someone is so difficult that many people have resorted to giving cash gifts in recent years. But it's undeniable that receiving a gift item personally still makes the recipients feel more special. To help you find the perfect gift for your spouse, parents, kids, or friends, we've come up with a few basic rules below:
- Take a chance – instead of buying traditional gifts such as fruit baskets or fruitcake, try something new. People tend to remember gifts that are out of the ordinary. It can come in the form of a statement t-shirt, an interesting fashion accessory, or even something that holds a meaning such as a friendship bracelet or an engraved ring.
- Browse online – if you need more inspiration, just check out the different online stores. We have hundreds of retail partners available covering a huge variety of items. You'll definitely find promising gift items that are fun, memorable and affordable.
- Talk about gifts – talk to your friend, spouse, or whoever you're buying a gift for about Christmas or the upcoming occasion and ask them indirectly about what they would love to receive. In most cases, they would be more than happy to talk about the items they would like to receive from 'other' friends.
Top online retailers
Styletread from Styletread
Grab a new shoe from Style Tread and get a discount using finder.com.au promo codes when you make your purchase.View details
Rebel Sport from Rebel Sport
If you want to buy sporty undershirts, Rebel Sports is the best place to go.View details
Crossroads from Crossroads
Crossroads offers the latest trends for all women and sells skirts, bottoms, denim, knitwear, jackets and accessories. You can count on customer service, integrity and competitive prices.View details
Topman from Topman
Get classy but stylish underwear for men at Topman. The brand is a leading fashion retailer in the UK.View details
Top gifts under $40
Finding the right gift for your spouse, teenage son, or dad can be tricky. You are probably thinking of getting them a shirt, a jacket, or cuff links. If you want to buy 'safe' gifts, it's a good idea to give it a personal spin by choosing a fashionable shirt or choosing a tie that is their favourite colour.
River Island Short Sleeved Shirt with Grandad Collar from ASOS
A nice choice which appeals to a diverse range of styles.View details
Portable Digital Breath Alcohol Tester from Latest Buy
If the man you're buying for enjoys a drink, this might be a good way for him to gauge how much he's had.View details
There is a wide range and variety of gifts you can give women. This ranges from bags and shoes to makeup. Our retail partners have an extensive range of great gift items. Whether you want to buy designer bags or standout fashion accessories, you are sure to find them here.
Clutch C 003 TRQ from Bellucci Collection
This is a great sub-$40 gift for any woman who likes to be bold with their style.View details
Aztec Rose Tropic Shorts from THE ICONIC
Another great addition to any wardrobe. It features exotic blooms in an eye-catching colour palette.View details
Shopping for kids is probably the easier task when compared to adult men or women, because they are easier to please as long as the gift is colourful and fun. You can buy junior sporting items, toys, or even baby toiletries.
Aquasphere Vista Junior Swim Goggles from Rebel Sport
Children love exploring, and most love the beach. These goggles combine the two.View details
Shop for gifts by personality
Sometimes the person you're buying for has such as strong personality it's easier to buy something which caters to this. To get you on the right path, here are some ideas.
The teen vixen
The classy chick
The beauty junkie
5-MIN Skin Purifying Mask from SkinB5
This mask is specially designed to cleanse, purify and soothe acne-prone skin while treating pimples, blackheads and whiteheads by absorbing oils from the surface of the skin.View details
Brown Plaited Belt from Austin Reed
Add some texture to any casual or formal look by adding this plaited, leather-look belt to your trousers.View details
Popular Science Magazine Subscription from iSUBSCRiBE
This popular science magazine subscription will keep you on top of the latest innovations and scientific discoveries every month.View details
Current Deals for Christmas Under $40
Portia Cross Body Bag With Front Pocket from EverMe
Travellers and commuters will love this bag, as it has enough room for essentials but is not cumbersome and can be worn hands-free.View details