Sydney has more haunted stories than you think. Most of these ghost tours lead you through The Rocks telling tales of convicts, murders and hangings. Others take you to one of Sydney's most haunted spots, Quarantine Station, for paranormal activity that will scare even the non-believers. Other ghoulish sites include Gladesville Mental Hospital, Darlinghurst Gaol and Studley Park House.
We picked out our favourite tours for all ages so the whole family can hear Sydney's scary tales of the past.
Our top picks:
Our favourite ghost tours compared
|Tour name||Location||Duration||Suitable for||Tour days and times||Other info||Price||Book|
|Ghost Tour of Historic Sydney||The Rocks||2 hours||Ages 13 and up|
- Daily at 6.45pm (April-September) and 7.45pm (October-March)
|Haunted Sydney Ghost Tour||The Rocks||1.5 hours||Ages 8 and up|
- Thursday to Saturday only at 8pm
- One of the few kid-friendly ghost tours in The Rocks
|Sydney Quarantine Station Ghost Tour||Quarantine Wharf Precinct||2.5 hours||Ages 16 and up|
- Wednesday to Sunday evenings from 8pm
|-||$49||Gift It Now|
|Nightly Ghost Tour||The Rocks||2 hours||Adults only|
- This is a voucher which can be redeemed any time before its expiry
Deals on ghost tours in Sydney