Get your first look at Shenmue III
Unfortunately, the long-awaited action-adventure game might need a little more time in the oven.
After its surprise announcement at E3 2015 and its subsequent success as the most-funded Kickstarter video game in history, Shenmue III finally has its first in-game trailer showing off some of the exotic locations and enigmatic characters the open-world action-adventure game will feature.
To be frank, while the world itself looks vibrant and attractive, the characters of Shenmue III seem decidedly plastic. Shiny faces, plain textures and stiff animations betray the game's comparatively small budget compared to its predecessors, causing the characters to stick out in a way that neuters the authenticity developer Yu Suzuki is well known for.
Still, Shenmue III isn't due for release until late next year, and it's entirely possible it'll get delayed into 2019 if previous Shenmue games are anything to go by. It's currently slated for release on PlayStation 4 and PC only.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?