Get 12 months for the price of 10 when you sign up to Disney+
How to get the Disney Plus free trial: A step-by-step guide
Lover of all things Disney? You may want to sign up to Disney Plus.
Here's what you need to know about trialling the service.
Can I get Disney Plus for free?
No, Disney Plus used to offer a 7-day free trial but retired it in Australia on 19 June 2020. While there has been speculation that the trial might be back at a future date, we're yet to see this happen anywhere except for some new countries where Disney Plus is debuting.
The only way to stream Disney content now is to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. The prices are $13.99 a month and $139.99 a year.
What we have seen though is other special promotions, mainly around September, but also with other brand partnerships like Telstra or Foxtel.
The library features 903 TV shows and 2,040 movies. The majority of titles on Disney Plus are classic content, so there is a good chance you have seen a lot of it. Whether it's Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic or Disney itself, it's a catalogue of some of the biggest blockbusters of all time.
Many of the titles are worth a rewatch, especially if you have children living under your roof. There are perennial kids classics such as Frozen and Moana alongside recent additions.
For more adult-focused content, there is the Star channel. It includes the likes of Grey's Anatomy, Criminal Minds, American Horror Story and other titles.Disney Plus is streaming original, exclusive content you won't find anywhere else too. Original Star Wars TV series Ahsoka, Marvel's She-Hulk: Attorney at Law as well as The Bear and The Kardashians lead the exclusive list. Recent original movies on the service include Rye Lane and Boston Strangler.
How to sign up for Disney Plus
Signing up for a Disney Plus subscription is a simple process:
1. Head over to the Disney Plus sign-up page.
2. Enter your email address and click the big blue Continue button.
3. This takes you to a page where you can opt to receive emails and offers from Disney as well as agree to all the terms and conditions of Disney Plus. Once you've read through these, click "Agree & Continue".
4. You will be asked to choose a password. Don't forget to enter a strong password. You'll need a minimum of 6 characters (case-sensitive), with at least 1 number or special character. Once chosen, click the blue Continue button.
5. Now choose a plan. To be safe, choose $13.99 a month so you have an entire month to explore the library and figure out if it's a solid choice. You can opt for the annual plan after your first month.
6. Mark the date when the first month ends in your calendar. That way, you will remember to cancel before being billed for another month if you're not planning to extend your subscription.
7. You will need to enter your credit card details. Once done, click "Agree and Subscribe". You're now subscribed to Disney Plus.
8. You can also pay via PayPal instead. To complete signing up to Disney Plus with PayPal, click the "Pay with PayPal" button and log in to PayPal.
9. Enjoy as much content as you can in your first month to make the most of your money.
10. If you're not a fan of the service or the content, follow these steps to cancel your Disney Plus account on or before the day marked in your calendar.
Disney Plus deals
Disney Plus may no longer offer a free trial, but there are usually promotions available that can either help you save or get you additional perks when signing up for a subscription. For example there's Disney Plus Day which usually happens once a year (but not in 2023), where the cost of 1 month of the service is reduced for a limited time. Or in September 2023, there was an offer where you could get 2 months of Disney Plus for free.
Until 31 December 2023, there is a 14-day free trial when you sign up to the OnePass and Disney Plus bundle. OnePass is a service that gets you free delivery on items from big name retailers such as Kmart and Target.
What's new on Disney Plus in November 2023?
Here are just some of the titles that are releasing on Disney Plus this month:
- The Santa Clauses season 2
- A Murder at the End of the World
- Brawn: The Impossible Formula 1 Story
- Faraway Downs
- Doctor Who: The Star Beast
- The Artful Dodger
For more information on what's Disney Plus, you can check out our guides below.
- Watch Loki, The Kardashians, Percy Jackson and other big Disney Plus shows for only $13.99
- Last chance to grab 2 months of Disney Plus for free – sign up now
- Disney Plus deal: Get 3 months for the price of 1 with new limited offer
- Disney Plus increases price: Here’s how you can beat it
- Last chance for the $1.99 Disney Plus deal: Sign up now
- Stream every episode of Grey’s Anatomy for just $1.99
More guides on Finder
Here’s how to get a Disney Plus gift card subscription in Australia
Disney Plus annual gift subscriptions are now available in Australia.
How to watch Disney Plus: Full list of devices
Wondering which devices are supported by Disney Plus?
50 best TV shows available on Disney Plus Australia
From animated superhero shows to captivating docuseries, Disney Plus has something for everyone.
50 best movies available on Disney Plus Australia
Planning a Disney Plus blockbuster marathon?
How watch Disney Plus on the big screen without a smart TV
Enjoy Disney Plus even without a smart TV.
FULL LIST: Disney Plus Australia movies and TV shows
Is your favourite available?
List of movies available on Disney Plus in Australia
See the complete and up-to-date list of movies on Disney Plus Australia right now.
Full list of Disney Plus TV shows available in Australia
Here's the complete list of shows on Disney Plus in Australia right now.
Disney Plus 2023-2024 upcoming content release schedule in Australia
Here's what is coming to Disney Plus in the near future.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Get the best of Paramount, Showtime and more. Stream A-League live.
Ask an Expert