How to get the Disney+ free trial: A step-by-step guide
Lover of all things Disney? Then you may want to sign up to Disney+. Here's your guide.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
A new era for entertainment behemoth Disney began in November 2019. The highly anticipated streaming TV service Disney+ hit the ground running with a stunning catalogue of over 800 TV shows and movies. While the service isn't perfect, it's still great value for only $8.99/month or $89.99/year.
But what if you want to watch Disney+ for free?
Disney+ used to offer a seven-day free trial, but that's no longer the case. As of 19 June, the platform retired its free trial offer, so the only way to stream Disney content is to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. The trial might be back at a future date, along with other special promotions.
Until then, is it worth signing up for the service? The library has now grown to over 1,000 titles. Most of the content on Disney+ you would have already seen. Whether it's Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic or Disney itself, this is a catalogue of some of the biggest blockbusters of all time.
In other words, some of the titles are well worth a rewatch, especially if you have children living under your roof. Plus, Disney+ is also streaming original, exclusive content you won't find anywhere else. It's led by the live-action Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian, along with movies, documentaries, shorts, Jeff Goldblum and more to discover.
How to sign up for Disney+
Signing up for a Disney+ subscription is a simple process. Just follow these steps:
- Head over to the Disney+ sign-up page.
- You'll see a big blue button that you can press to start your Disney+ subscription. This is where you will need to choose a plan. To be safe, choose $8.99/month – that way, you have an entire month to explore the library and figure out if it makes for a solid long-term investment. You can change to the annual plan in the future if you want to keep the service on.
- MARK THE DATE WHEN THE FIRST MONTH ENDS IN YOUR CALENDAR. That way, you will remember to cancel before being billed for another month if you're not planning to hold on to your subscription for longer.
- On the next page, you need to enter your email address.
- You must then enter a strong password.
- You will need to enter your credit card details to proceed.
- Enjoy as much content as you can that first month to make the most of your money.
- If you're not a fan of the service or the content, follow these steps to cancel your account on or before the day you marked in your calendar.
- Marvel fans rejoice: Disney+ original series WandaVision is here and ready to stream
- Where to watch new Pixar movie Soul online in Australia
- Best Christmas episodes from The Simpsons on Disney+
- Here’s how to get a Disney+ gift card subscription in Australia
- Where to watch ballet docuseries On Pointe
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+: Everything you need to know
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+: Everything you need to know
Marvel is developing quite a few titles for new streamer Disney+ including Marvel's Falcon and Winter Soldier.
Star Wars Cassian Andor series on Disney+: What we know so far
The Star Wars universe is expanding even further on Disney+.
Here are all the future Marvel shows coming to Disney+
What new shows are being planned for the streaming service and how do they tie into the Marvel universe?
Loki series on Disney+: What we know so far
Eager to catch up with Thor’s mischievous brother?
Disney+ Star streaming: What’s in it for Australians?
Disney isn't bringing Hulu to Australia, but is instead launching Star for all its general entertainment and mature content.
Where to watch Godmothered online in Australia
This charming film arrives on Disney+ in December 2020.
Disney+ free with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: What’s it worth?
You can get a whole month of Disney+ free if you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
What time is The Mandalorian season 2 released in Australia?
Mark your calendars: The Mandalorian episodes are coming.
How much screen time did Baby Yoda have in The Mandalorian season 1?
Sure, he’s cute, but does he appear often enough?
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert