How to get the Disney+ free trial: A step-by-step guide
Lover of all things Disney? Then you may want to sign up to Disney+. Here's your guide.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
A new era for entertainment behemoth Disney began in November 2019. The highly anticipated streaming TV service Disney+ hit the ground running with a stunning catalogue of over 800 TV shows and movies. While the service isn't perfect, it's still great value for only $8.99/month or $89.99/year.
But what if you want to watch Disney+ for free?
Disney+ used to offer a seven-day free trial, but that's no longer the case. As of 19 June, the platform retired its free trial offer, so the only way to stream Disney content is to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. The trial might be back at a future date, along with other special promotions.
Until then, is it worth signing up for the service? The library has now grown to over 1,000 titles. Most of the content on Disney+ you would have already seen. Whether it's Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic or Disney itself, this is a catalogue of some of the biggest blockbusters of all time.
In other words, some of the titles are well worth a rewatch, especially if you have children living under your roof. Plus, Disney+ is also streaming original, exclusive content you won't find anywhere else. It's led by the live-action Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian, along with movies, documentaries, shorts, Jeff Goldblum and more to discover.
How to sign up for Disney+
Signing up for a Disney+ subscription is a simple process. Just follow these steps:
- Head over to the Disney+ sign-up page.
- You'll see a big blue button that you can press to start your Disney+ subscription. This is where you will need to choose a plan. To be safe, choose $8.99/month – that way, you have an entire month to explore the library and figure out if it makes for a solid long-term investment. You can change to the annual plan in the future if you want to keep the service on.
- MARK THE DATE WHEN THE FIRST MONTH ENDS IN YOUR CALENDAR. That way, you will remember to cancel before being billed for another month if you're not planning to hold on to your subscription for longer.
- On the next page, you need to enter your email address.
- You must then enter a strong password.
- You will need to enter your credit card details to proceed.
- Enjoy as much content as you can that first month to make the most of your money.
- If you're not a fan of the service or the content, follow these steps to cancel your account on or before the day you marked in your calendar.
- Where to watch Clouds online in Australia
- Here’s everything coming to Disney+ Australia in October 2020
- How to use Disney+ new GroupWatch feature
- How to watch Disney’s Mulan remake online in Australia and what you’ll pay
- Best Star Wars movies: Ranked by score, box office, budget + more
- Where to watch Frozen 2 online in Australia
More guides on Finder
LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special: Everything you need to know
Learn the true meaning of Life Day, LEGO-style.
How to watch the 2020 NRL Grand Final from overseas
The Melbourne Storm take on the Penrith Panthers in the 2020 NRL Grand Final. Here's how you can watch overseas.
How to invest in the MyDeal IPO
The online retailer is expected to raise $40 million as it launches onto the ASX. Here's what you need to know.
How to watch 2020 Bathurst 1000 race live and free
A week of festivities reaches its climax with 25 cars taking on the legendary Mount Panorama circuit in the Bathurst 1000.
How to watch Port Adelaide Power vs Richmond Tigers AFL finals live and free
Port Adelaide can silence any remaining doubters and reach this year’s AFL grand final if they can overcome Richmond.
How to watch 2020 Bathurst 1000 live online in Australia
The 2020 Bathurst 1000 race is on this weekend, here's a full preview and details on how to see all the action.
Where to watch Clouds online in Australia
Zach Sobiech’s moving story is coming to Disney+.
Black Friday vs Prime Day vs Boxing Day: Where are the best deals?
This year's shopping season is about to kick off with three huge sales on the immediate horizon: Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday and Boxing Day. Here are the best times to buy.
How to watch Richmond vs St Kilda AFL finals live and free in Australia
Only one of Richmond or St Kilda can progress through to a preliminary final against Port Adelaide.
Amazon Daily Deals for 25th October 2020
Every day, Finder rounds up the biggest discounts on Amazon Australia. Here are today's best deals for online bargain hunters.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert