How to get the Disney+ free trial: A step-by-step guide
Lover of all things Disney? Then you may want to sign up to Disney+. Here's your guide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
A new era for entertainment behemoth Disney began in November 2019. The highly anticipated streaming TV service Disney+ hit the ground running with a stunning catalogue of over 800 TV shows and movies.
While the service isn't perfect, it was great value for only $11.99/month or $119.99/year.
Those prices are rising to $11.99/month and $119.99/year with the launch of a new adult content channel, Star, on 23 February. If you sign up before that date, you will get the lower monthly price for six months or the lower annual price for the full year.
But what if you want to watch Disney+ for free? Disney+ used to offer a seven-day free trial, but that's no longer the case. As of 19 June 2020, the platform retired its free trial offer, so the only way to stream Disney content is to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. The trial might be back at a future date, along with other special promotions.
Until then, is it worth signing up for the service? The library has now grown to over 1,000 titles. Plenty of the content on Disney+ is classic content, meaning there is a good chance you have seen a lot of it. Whether it's Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic or Disney itself, this is a catalogue of some of the biggest blockbusters of all time.
Many of the titles are well worth a rewatch, especially if you have children living under your roof, or you may find some classics you are yet to watch. Plus, Disney+ is also streaming original, exclusive content you won't find anywhere else.
New channel Star is also offering a range of adult-focused content, including the Deadpool, Die Hard and Alien movie franchises.
How to sign up for Disney+
Signing up for a Disney+ subscription is a simple process. Just follow these steps:
- Head over to the Disney+ sign-up page.
- You'll see a big blue button that you can press to start your Disney+ subscription. This is where you will need to choose a plan. To be safe, choose $11.99/month – that way, you have an entire month to explore the library and figure out if it makes for a solid long-term investment. You can change to the annual plan in the future if you want to keep the service on.
- MARK THE DATE WHEN THE FIRST MONTH ENDS IN YOUR CALENDAR. That way, you will remember to cancel before being billed for another month if you're not planning to hold on to your subscription for longer.
- On the next page, you need to enter your email address.
- You must then enter a strong password.
- You will need to enter your credit card details to proceed.
- Enjoy as much content as you can that first month to make the most of your money.
- If you're not a fan of the service or the content, follow these steps to cancel your account on or before the day you marked in your calendar.
- Black Widow and Cruella to hit Disney+: Is the cinema cheaper?
- Disney+ Star streaming: What’s in it for Australians?
- Where to watch Love, Victor online in Australia
- Where to watch Hulu’s Solar Opposites online in Australia
- Where to watch Big Sky online in Australia
- Disney+ Star Australia gets an additional 29 launch day titles
More guides on Finder
Here are all the future Marvel shows coming to Disney+
What new shows are being planned for the streaming service and how do they tie into the Marvel universe?
Loki series on Disney+: What we know so far
Eager to catch up with Thor’s mischievous brother?
What time is The Mandalorian season 2 released in Australia?
Mark your calendars: The Mandalorian episodes are coming.
How to get the BINGE 14-day free trial: Step by step guide
New customers can access a 14-day free trial for the new Binge TV app from Foxtel. This is how to get the Binge free trial and what it gives you.
Where to watch WandaVision online in Australia
This show may be Marvel’s biggest gamble yet.
Diary of a Future President on Disney+ preview: Release date, cast, reviews
The Disney+ Australia line-up for January includes original series Diary of a Future President, executive produced by Gina Rodriguez.
Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries on Disney+: What we know so far
The long-awaited Star Wars solo project featuring Obi-Wan Kenobi will drop on Disney+.
Watch Monsters at Work on Disney+: Cast, date, plot, preview
Ever wondered what happened to Monstropolis after the fall of scream power?
Disney+ vs Stan: Which stacks up better?
In a Disney+ vs Stan showdown, which comes out on top?
How to watch Disney+: Full list of devices
Wondering which devices are supported by Disney+? We’ve got you covered.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert