How to get the Disney+ free trial: A step-by-step guide
Lover of all things Disney? Then you may want to sign up to Disney+. Here's your guide.
Updated . What changed?
A new era for entertainment behemoth Disney began in November 2019. The highly anticipated streaming TV service Disney+ hit the ground running with a stunning catalogue of over 800 TV shows and movies. While the service isn't perfect, it's still great value for only $8.99/month or $89.99/year.
But what if you want to watch Disney+ for free?
Disney+ used to offer a seven-day free trial, but that's no longer the case. As of 19 June, the platform retired its free trial offer, so the only way to stream Disney content is to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. The trial might be back at a future date, along with other special promotions.
Until then, is it worth signing up for the service? The library has now grown to over 1,000 titles. Most of the content on Disney+ you would have already seen. Whether it's Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic or Disney itself, this is a catalogue of some of the biggest blockbusters of all time.
In other words, some of the titles are well worth a rewatch, especially if you have children living under your roof. Plus, Disney+ is also streaming original, exclusive content you won't find anywhere else. It's led by the live-action Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian, along with movies, documentaries, shorts, Jeff Goldblum and more to discover.
How to sign up for Disney+
Signing up for a Disney+ subscription is a simple process. Just follow these steps:
- Head over to the Disney+ sign-up page.
- You'll see a big blue button that you can press to start your Disney+ subscription. This is where you will need to choose a plan. To be safe, choose $8.99/month – that way, you have an entire month to explore the library and figure out if it makes for a solid long-term investment. You can change to the annual plan in the future if you want to keep the service on.
- MARK THE DATE WHEN THE FIRST MONTH ENDS IN YOUR CALENDAR. That way, you will remember to cancel before being billed for another month if you're not planning to hold on to your subscription for longer.
- On the next page, you need to enter your email address.
- You must then enter a strong password.
- You will need to enter your credit card details to proceed.
- Enjoy as much content as you can that first month to make the most of your money.
- If you're not a fan of the service or the content, follow these steps to cancel your account on or before the day you marked in your calendar.
- Disney’s Mulan remake to stream in Australia before cinema release: How to watch and what you’ll pay
- Best Star Wars movies: Ranked by score, box office, budget + more
- Where to watch Frozen 2 online in Australia
- Where to watch Onward online in Australia
- Here are all the future Marvel shows coming to Disney+
- Loki series on Disney+: Everything we know so far
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert