How to get Disney+ in Australia
Australia's newest streaming service is live, here's how to check it out for free.
Streaming service Disney+ has launched in Australia, just one week after making its debut in the US.
The good news? The vast majority of content that's available on the US service has also appeared Down Under. There had been speculation that some popular content, including The Simpsons, wouldn't be available because of local streaming rights issues, but for the most part that's not the case.
If you want to try out for Disney+, it's a straightforward process:
- Sign up for a free 7-day trial on the Disney+ site. You'll need to provide credit card details, but you won't be charged.
- You can view shows and movies directly from your browser on your PC, or install a dedicated app for your iPhone or Android phone. It's also possible to stream to Apple TV or Chromecast. You can stream on up to four separate devices at once.
- If you decide to continue after the trial, it costs $8.99 per month or $89.99 a year.
- If Disney+ isn't for you, remember to cancel before the free trial is up (here's how to do that).
- Can you watch Disney+ on Telstra TV?
- Here’s how to watch the Star Wars franchise in chronological order on Disney+
- The top 15 Star Wars titles on Disney+
- Is Frozen 2 available on Disney+ in Australia?
- Star Wars game show announced: Jedi Temple Challenge
- The 15 best National Geographic shows on Disney+