Cheap flights to Germany for 2021
Find low fares and the latest flight deals to Germany from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Rich in history, Germany is filled with great cultural traditions and dynamic cities. Germany's most popular festival, Oktoberfest, attracts millions of people to Munich each year. Similarly, the Christmas markets held in multiple German cities towards the end of the year bring in huge crowds. Germany is ideal for exploring the rest of Europe as it borders no less than nine European countries.
Most flight deals to Germany from Australia fly to Frankfurt Airport (FRA), which is a major international hub and a gateway to Europe. A large number of airlines fly here with only one stop, so you will have a good choice of routes.
How much are flights to Germany?
With Frankfurt being the main airport in Germany, here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Germany.
Germany flight times
- From Sydney: 22 hrs 40 mins + with a stopover, landing at Frankfurt am Main or Frankfurt Hahn Airport
- From Melbourne: 22 hrs 40 mins + with a stopover, landing at Frankfurt an Main or Frankfurt Hahn Airport
- From Perth: 19 hrs 50 mins + with a stopover, landing at Frankfurt an Main or Frankfurt Hahn Airport
- From Brisbane: 24 hrs + with a stopover, landing at Frankfurt an Main or Frankfurt Hahn Airport
Airlines that fly to Germany
- Cathay Pacific
- China Southern
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
Who offers cheap flights to Germany?
You can find cheap flights to Germany with Air France, Southern China and Scoot. When you purchase a cheaper flight, it is important to note you may not get the same level of comfort or inclusives you would expect to receive with airlines such as Emirates. If you don't mind an extra stopover and not having all-inclusive service, flying with a cheaper airline allows you to save money that you can use to book other elements of your trip (or to buy a copious amount of German beer and pretzels).
- Frankfurt is Germany's main international travel hub and you are likely to find more flight deals to Frankfurt from Australia than to other German cities. It is very easy to get to other destinations from Frankfurt either via Germany's extensive rail network or by air.
- If you are connecting to another flight and have time to kill at Frankfurt Airport (FRA), the airport offers a highly rated airport tour which gives you behind-the-scenes insights into how an airport operates.
- Most major airlines offer one-stop flights to Germany and you can find plenty of good deals from Australia thanks to competition over this route. Chinese airlines often come up with the cheapest fares, but the flight may involve long stopovers. Check surrounding dates when searching to make sure you're getting the best value.
- One of the best ways to see a country is often by train and your best option to do this is with DB Rail&Fly, which is operated by the German rail network. You can get a ticket to cover rail travel between the Frankfurt, Zurich, Brussels and Amsterdam airports as well as anywhere in Germany. You can get tickets the day before your departure flight up to the day after your return flight. You can find information about it online by searching for DB Rail&Fly, and you can book your ticket through a travel agent or through certain airlines.
Frankfurt Airport is Germany’s busiest airport and also a major international hub for European travel. A free SkyLine train goes between the two terminals in only two minutes. It has its own train station, operated by German Rail, with services across the country and Europe, including Amsterdam, Paris, Milan, Zurich and Budapest. You can purchase tickets at ticket machines or at the DB TravelCenter in Terminal 1. The easiest way to reach Frankfurt city is on the S-Bahn train which takes around 15 minutes. There are also frequent AirLiner buses travelling to the main train station in around half an hour.
Germany’s main international airports are all served by direct train and bus services as well as by metered taxis. You’ll also find major car rental companies. Germany also has several car-sharing services allowing you to pick up and drop off a vehicle in a range of locations.
More guides on Finder
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Queensland travel restrictions | What’s open in January 2021?
Here’s everything you need to know about travelling in Australia’s sunshine state in January 2021.
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Cheap Flights of the Week: Australia, Europe and Asia
See this week's round-up of hot airfares to destinations around the world.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2021
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2021
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2021
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2021
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Cheap flights to Tasmania for 2021
From the best prices to where the airport is, here is everything you need to know about flying to Tasmania.
Cheap Norfolk Island flights to book in 2021
Compare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Norfolk Island.
Ask an Expert