Master the art of George Foreman Mix And Go with these tips
George Foreman makes it easy to whip up a vitamin packed smoothie to take with you anywhere.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The George Foreman grills have been favorite cooking appliances for years, but now he has created a versatile mixer designed exclusively for making healthy shakes and smoothies. The Mix & Go is a small and compact device that can deliver a powerful punch of flavour.
How does the George Foreman Mix & Go work?
Similar to a blender, the Mix & Go is able to take a variety of fruits and vegetables and combine them together to create frozen drinks. Its narrow design makes it differ from a blender in that all of the healthy foods are pushed onto the blades ensuring that no chunks are left behind.
The motor of the Mix & Go is 300 watts, and the machine uses ice crushing blades, giving you a refreshingly cold smooth drink each time. Each one comes with two 600 ml bottles with lids, making it easy to take your drink along with you. All of the parts are safe for the dishwasher, and come with a 12 month replacement warranty for if something breaks.Back to top
George Foreman Mix & Go versus Nutri Bullet
At first look at the features of the Mix & Go it may appear to be similar to the Nutri Bullet. Yet there are distinct differences between the two. The Nutri Bullet is twice as powerful with a 600 watt motor that gives it the strength to break through nuts. The blade has also been specially designed to cut through tough skins, rinds and seeds, while on George Foreman’s Mix & Go the blade has been crafted to crush ice.
The cup size is slightly smaller on the Mix & Go, but it is also better designed for traveling with your smoothie than the cups that are included with the Nutri Bullet. You don’t even have to switch cups after the drink has been mixed. The Mix & Go allows you to unscrew the blade cap and just put the drinking top on in its place.
The biggest difference is in the price. Nutri Bullet is not readily available in retail stores, and must be ordered online or over the phone. Plus it retails for over $200. The George Foreman Mix & Go can be found in a number of retail outlets in Australia for less than $40.Back to top
Where can you buy a George Foreman Mix & Go in Australia?
Unlike other compact mixers the George Foreman Mix & Go is available in a number of retail stores inside Australia. These include:
- Target. Originally $39, you can now purchase the Mix & Go for $35.
- Harvey Norman. You can order the blender online for $36 and have it delivered or pick it up at a store location for free.
- The Good Guys. This retailer allows you to order the Mix & Go online and pick it up in store for $34.95.
Recipe ideas for the George Foreman Mix & Go
When creating smoothies with a George Foreman Mix & Go it is important to remember that the strength of the motor and blade design are not meant for chopping through tough skins and nuts. Fruits and vegetables should always be chopped into bite sized pieces.
The following are some basic recipes to help get you started with the Mix & Go. Just add the list of ingredients to the mixing cup, attach it to the base, and let it blend until it reaches the right consistency:
- Fruit and yogurt smoothie. 1 and ½ cups of chopped fruits of your choice and 2/3 cup of plain yogurt. Fill the rest of the mixing cup with ice and add a small amount of water. If the fruit does not sweeten the drink sufficiently add a few drops of natural honey.
- Piña colada smoothie. 150 ml coconut milk, 200 ml coconut water and 1.5 teaspoons of coconut. Fresh works best but you can use shredded. Add 5 drops of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of pineapple chunk and 2 tablespoons of the juice. If using fresh pineapple omit the juice and add more fruit. Fill the rest of the container with ice before mixing.
- Green smoothie. This is one of the best known health smoothies, with a number of different variants. The most basic uses 2 cups of spinach or kale, 1 whole banana, a 2 centimeter portion of cucumber (chop cucumber into small pieces for best results), 2 tablespoons of pineapple and 2 tablespoons of the juice. You can also replace pineapple juice with more pineapple and a splash of water before filling the rest of the cup with ice. If the smoothie is not sweet enough, add other fruits such as strawberry or a few drops of honey.
- Banana berry smoothie. This is a simple smoothie recipe for a quick healthy breakfast on the run. All you need is 1 banana and a 1/2 cup of strawberries, blueberries or raspberries. You can even use a combination of berries. Fill the rest of the container with equal portions of water and ice.
- Protein shake. Weight lifters and athletes looking to build muscle mass will enjoy the benefit of this easy to make drink. Combine 1 banana with 1 serving of chocolate protein powder and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or powdered peanut butter if you are watching your calories. Add equal portions of water and ice before mixing.
Using the machine is easy. Once the ingredients have been added just screw on the mixing blade top, and twist it onto the base. The blending will start immediately and will not stop until you un-twist the cup. You’ll know the smoothie is ready when you stop hearing the ice breaking apart. Exchange the blade attachment for the cup to and you are ready to go with your tasty smoothie.
The George Foreman Mix & Go is a handy appliance to have for making quick frozen drinks. Its compact design makes it easy to store, with parts that can be cleaned in your dishwasher. Plus, you can’t beat the price tag for a machine that is able to make in minutes, healthy and deliciously smooth drinks.
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Many Peaks Gold Pty Ltd IPO
Everything we know about the Many Peaks Gold Pty Ltd IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Trash or Splash: Alya Skin Pore Perfecting Elixir
Does the latest Alya Skin drop live up to the social media hype? We gave it a go and we have some thoughts.
Where to watch new Shane Warne documentary online for free
“I drank a bit, I smoked a bit, and I bowled leg spin.”
How to watch Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC A-League live and match preview
The Big Blue is back as the league leading Melbourne Victory host perennial contenders Sydney FC.
Jetstar sale: $109 flights to Bali, $169 flights to Phuket
Lock in your holidays to these Southeast Asian island paradises.
$1.8 billion languishing on unused gift cards
Australians are sitting on billions of dollars worth of unused gift cards, according to new research from Finder.
Why has the Z1P share price rebounded today?
Shares in the BNPL operator Zip Co have tumbled 55% in the last 12 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: 40% off KN95 face masks, half-price Remington electric shavers, 60% off Massage Guns.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Sezzle (SZL ↑16.8%), Codan (CDA ↑16.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 25 January 2022.
Garage Door Installation
Hire the right garage door installation service provider by comparing your options here.
Ask an Expert