Generation III Pokémon are coming to Pokémon GO
Fans of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire are in for a treat this Halloween.
It's tough for developers to keep anything a secret these days, especially when there are dedicated data-miners like those over at Pokémon GO Hub on the case. The folks over at the Pokémon GO fan site have dug into the files for the game's latest update and discovered audio clips from Generation III Pokémon which, in combination with previously uncovered assets, lays the groundwork for an upcoming release of Gen III Pokémon to the game.
Confirmation of the arrival of Gen III Pokémon was found in a new loading screen for the game's upcoming Halloween celebrations, with the screen featuring Gen III Pokémon like Dusclops, Duskull, Shuppet, Sableye and Banette.
With these assets in place, the only thing developer Niantic needs to roll out before Gen III Pokémon can start appearing in-game is new moves for those Pokémon. Given the Halloween teaser, it's likely those moves will be included in a patch within the next week or two.
Pokémon GO Hub
Everything you need to know about Pokémon GO, from tips and tricks to the best hunting locations.
- Razer Raiju Ultimate gaming controller review: A premium package worth the price
- HyperX Cloud Stinger Wireless review: Great, for a specific audience
- Super Mario Maker 2 preview: Pipe dreams made real
- Razer Nari Ultimate Wireless Gaming Headset review: Good vibrations
- Brief Battles review: For great multiplayer ass-emblies