Switch racing sim Gear.Club Unlimited gets 1 December release date
Burn rubber on the go this festive season.
Mobile racer turned Switch port Gear.Club was first announced early August as the handheld hybrid's first "real racing sim". Today, an official release of 1 December 2017 was announced, so you'll be screaming over the finish line come Christmas.
Sure, the Nintendo Switch has one of the greatest racing games in history (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe) but it is sorely lacking in any kind of realistic racing sim for traditional rev-heads. With Gear.Club, the Nintendo Switch will have something that more closely resembles other console-exclusive racers, such as Forza on Xbox One or Gran Turismo on PlayStation 4.
In addition to an official release date, Eden Games announced three modes:
- Derby mode. Players race up to seven drivers.
- Rally mode. A four-player off-road race where drifting and control is key.
- Time trial mode. What it says on the tin. Time trial mode.
Here are the 16 cars that will be available at launch:
- AC 378 GT Z
- Alfa Romeo 4C
- Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
- Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport
- Chevrolet Camaro 1LS
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- Dodge Challenger RT/Scat Pack
- Jaguar F-Type R AWD
- Mercedes-AMG C63 S
- Mercedes-AMG GT S
- Mercedes-AMG SLS Black Series
- Nissan 370Z
- Nissan GTR
- Pagani Huayra Roadster
- Ruf RT12 R
- Ruf CTR 3