Gateway Credit Union offers kids saving bonus for home loans customers
A new partnership between Gateway Credit Union and Australian Scholarships Group helps parents save for their children's future.
In an unusual bonus offer, Gateway Credit Union will deposit a quarterly bonus into an ASG Pathway Education Fund account for any customer who takes out a home loan with the credit union. You will receive a 0.15% p.a. loyalty bonus into your ASG Pathway account calculated off your outstanding home loan balance and deposited quarterly, As an example a $350,000 home loan balance would offer 520 into your fund account.
The partnership is in response to a survey Gateway Credit Union commissioned that found over half of parents have no savings plan for their children's education. Over a quarter of parents struggle to pay their kid’s school fees and associated costs.
“The 2017 Australian Scholarships Group Planning for Education Index also reveals that regardless of whether you plan on sending your child to private, systemic or public school, the cost of education is significant,” ASG CEO John Velegrinis said in the release announcing the partnership.
This offer is available across all the home loan products offered by Gateway Credit Union.
- Home buyers with low deposits can save thousands in LMI premiums with these lenders
- How will proposed “simpler credit” rules affect Australian borrowers?
- Borrowers are back: homebuyer lending rises 10% in July
- Australian borrowers could save up to $60,000 by refinancing right now
- Athena’s new home loan rates get lower as you pay your mortgage off