November’s Games with Gold offers retro gems
Major Nelson hath spoken. Monkey Island and Far Cry Blood Dragon join November's Games with Gold.
November's Games with Gold lineup has been officially announced via Major Nelson's blog. This month, the free games lineup favours the 360 crowd in terms of quality. On Xbox One, Gold subscribers can access the heavy-metal themed brawler Super Dungeon Bros and the subpar ghost detective game Murdered: Soul Suspect. Not the most thrilling lineup. However, Xbox 360 owners will have access to the timeless point-and-click adventure Monkey Island: Special Edition and the gloriously retro Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. The good news is that Xbox One owners can access these two magnificent Xbox 360 titles via backwards compatibility.
Here's the full lineup of Games with Gold for November 2016:
- Super Dungeon Bros, Xbox One (1-30 November)
- Murdered: Soul Suspect, Xbox One (16 November - 15 December)
- Monkey Island: Special Edition, Xbox 360, Backwards compatible (1-15 November)
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Xbox 360, Backwards compatible (16 - 30 November)
Note: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon should not to be confused with the woeful Trials of the Blood Dragon.
The Major himself (Larry Hryb), will be hosting storytime at this year's PAX AUS. Be sure to check out our PAX AUS 2016 hub for coverage and news when the convention kicks off 4 November.
- Microsoft and AIE launch Xbox Academy in Sydney in April
- April 2017′s Xbox Games With Gold: Ryse up and assassinate
- BioWare reveals it axed plans to make Mass Effect Andromeda play like No Man’s Sky
- Where to find the best price on Mass Effect: Andromeda in Australia
- A new engine for Mass Effect Andromeda “was a radical move” says BioWare