Game of Thrones Season 7 won’t air until July
Seven episodes only of Game of Thrones come later this year.
HBO has announced when the 7th season of Game Of Thrones will air in the US, picking 16 July 2017 as its date of choice. That means that, owing to that pesky international dateline, it will air on Monday 17 July 2017 in Australia.
Unlike previous seasons, the 7th season of Game Of Thrones will comprise only 7 episodes, with the story being spun out over two seasons to air in 2017 and 2018. It’s not hard to see why, because Game of Thrones has been an immense success for HBO. Game of Thrones is not a cheap show to produce, but by making its final season run over two years, HBO can maximise its viewing value.
Where can I watch Game of Thrones Season 7 in Australia?
Game of Thrones is part of Foxtel’s exclusive deal with HBO, which means if you want to stay as spoiler-free as possible, you’ll have to subscribe to either its fixed line subscription TV packages or its streaming Foxtel Now service. If previous years are any indication, if you don’t want to pay Foxtel you’ll have to wait until the entire season has aired before it becomes available to buy through direct services such as Google Play or Apple iTunes.
- Everything you need to know about streaming HBO in Australia
- What’s new on Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime Video, hayu and SBS On Demand in March 2018?
- Where to watch this year’s Oscar-nominated movies in Australia
- Runaways: Should you tune into the new Marvel show?
- The biggest new releases coming to Netflix, Stan, hayu and Foxtel this week