Funny Wedding Gifts
Are you looking for a gift for a soon-to-be married couple that is unique and out-of-the-box? This detailed guide on funny wedding gifts is what you need to point you in the right direction.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Traditionally, brides and their families would receive gifts from the groom’s family before the wedding. In early Roman times, this would be in the form of dowry and land. We’ve come a long way since then, and traditions and conventions have faded into the horizon. These days, it’s all about your connection with the bride and groom. Oh, and giving them something that’s useful and memorable leading into their life together.
Of course, it really doesn’t have to be useful if you don’t want it to be. It can just be funny, and lead to good times and good memories as the couple settles into their married life. So long as it’s tasteful and suits the couple’s personalities, then you’re in safe territory for giving them a funny gift they’re appreciate for a lifetime.
Hot items for funny wedding gifts
The most bizarre gift can also be the most memorable at a wedding, and it can ensure that the couple you send it to have a lot of fun with it and into their first year of marriage. Here are a few funny and unique wedding gifts for newlyweds.
Tooth Salt & Pepper Shakers
Take My Wife
The Book Depository
Aerating Red Wine Carafe
Cat Art Print
Emoji LED Light Lamps
How it Works: The Husband
The Book Depository
Control Your Family Mouth Spray
Under New Management Mugs
Marital Bliss Chocolate
Sunnylife Lie-On Float Cactus
How it Works: The Wife
The Book Depository
The rules to wedding gift giving
The number one rule is that you should give a wedding gift. If you’ve been invited to the reception, this is not an option. The gift you choose for a friend who’s getting married should help them start married life on a good note. So again, it doesn’t have to be practical, but it should be something that places them in a positive space.
Knowing how to pick the right gift for different couples is important, as different couples will appreciate different things. Your relationship with the couple will help you ensure that the appropriate gift is given, and it doesn’t have to be anything large or substantial. It can be as small as you wish - so long as it remains a symbol of your affection for the couple, that’s really the benchmark. Everything else is easy from there on in.
Funny wedding gift ideas
Getting a funny and unique gift for a friend who’s tying the knot can be a great way to celebrate their wedding and add to the excitement and joy of their big day. Here are a few funny wedding gift ideas that can end up being the talk of the day at a friend’s wedding and can make your wedding gift truly unforgettable.
- Personalised art. Making or purchasing a hilarious piece of art that reflects the personalities or dynamics of the couple is a great way to remind the couple what you adore about each of them, and how they’ll always have happiness in their lives.
- Anything alcoholic. While alcohol isn’t the funniest thing, it can be laden with heaps of innuendo and will definitely lead to ‘funny’ if not memorable moments...
- Board games and childhood toys. Creativity is the key to choosing a funny gift. Getting a couple a board game or deck of cards can be great and will be something the couple can play alone or with friends they invite to their home.
Tips for choosing funny wedding gifts
Choosing a great wedding gift is never easy – especially if you are looking for something that is one-of-a-kind. The following suggestions will point you in the right direction during the shopping process.
- Check the gift registry. The couple’s gift registry can be the best place to start looking for ideas on the gift that the couple might appreciate. This will help you form a basis on what kind of gifts to avoid and what might be more acceptable.
- Personal relationship with the couple. Your relationship with the bride or groom is the best guide when looking for a gag gift. This will help you know if your gift will be appreciated or whether your intention might be misunderstood. Moreover, how much you know the couple will serve as a guide. For instance, knowing if the bride or groom is adventurous or more laid back helps you know what to go for.
- Consider the needs and interests of the couple. Even though you’re seeking an unique gift, it’s important to keep in mind the specific needs of the couple. This will set you down the right path and help narrow down your options. More so, there is no need to spend so much on something that the couple won’t like or ever use.
- Age of the couple. People in different age groups might like different things, and the age of the soon-to-be married couple is a good place to start when shopping for your funny wedding gift. Whether it’s a first or second marriage can also help you know how to go about choosing a gift.
- Consult a close friend or family member. If you’re still unsure as to what to get, try talking to the couple’s close friends and family to get a picture of what they might be interested in.
Why shop at finder.com.au for funny wedding gifts?
Shopping has been made easier thanks to finder.com.au as you no longer have to move from store to store looking for that wedding gift you have in mind. The convenience of online shopping also means that you can have the gift delivered to your home, and to make things easier you can see the top selection of funny wedding gifts available.
Just because you’re on a tight budget doesn’t have to limit your choice of gift. With our special deals, discounts, and promo codes, you can get the ideal gift at an affordable price. After choosing your gift, our online retailers will make quick deliveries right to your door and you can even benefit from free shipping offered on some products.
All our retailers have been tried and tested and have excellent customer reviews, which assure you of the quality of the product you are purchasing and their level of customer service.
More guides on Finder
Top Valentine’s Day cards for 2021
Knock your Valentine's socks off with one of these cute or romantic cards.
Free wedding photography agreement templates (Australia)
Guide to writing a wedding photography agreement
9 gifts for travellers that they’ll actually want | A couple of travel makers
The top 9 things to gift the traveller in your life this year – based on one travel couple's wishlist.
The 20 best kids Halloween movies
Don’t worry, these movies won’t keep your children up at night.
12 great Father’s Day gift ideas under $50
With less than a week to go until Father's Day, we're rounding up the top budget-friendly gifts for this year.
Podcast: How to plan a realistic wedding budget
Don't say "I do" to debt: Tips and tricks to create a wedding budget, cut back costs and avoid debt for your big day.
The best Netflix Original movies streaming in Australia
Each month we search through Netflix's library for their best original movies.
The 20 best series to stream on Acorn TV in Australia
Here are the best titles you might want to check out on Acorn TV.
Australia’s three-step plan to re-open: What you can and can’t do
As lockdown and travel restrictions begin to ease across Australia, we break down what you can and cannot do right now.
The best period piece shows you can watch right now
Do you love intriguing historical plots, elaborate costumes and beautiful settings? These period piece shows will be right up your alley.
Ask an Expert