Receive up to $15,000 in cover with the Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Policy
Your death can not only be an incredibly distressing and emotional event for your family, but it could also place them under significant financial pressure. As they struggle with their grief and loss, they will need to scrape together the funds to take care of your final expenses — all without your regular income to rely on.
This is where Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance can help. This direct life insurance product offers a lump sum payment of up to $15,000 when you die. This money can be used by your loved ones to fund the cost of your funeral.
Find out more about Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance
- What does Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance cover?
- How Much Will Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance Cost?
- When will a benefit be paid?
- When won’t a benefit be paid?
- What is the age of eligibility for Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance?
- Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance - Other things to know
Awards Received by Zurich
- 2013 Best of the Best Awards - Money Magazine
This policy is part of Zurich’s ‘do-it-yourself’ range of easy-to-understand life insurance products. Its benefits include:
- Lump sum Funeral Benefit. Your beneficiaries receive a lump sum payment when you die, to cover the cost of your funeral expenses.
- Choose your benefit amount. You can choose cover from $5,000 up to $15,000, increasing in $1,000 increments.
- Premium payment. Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage premiums are paid on a monthly basis and do not increase as you get older. Once the total premium paid reaches the amount of the sum insured, you will stop paying premiums altogether.
- No medical exams. You will not have to undergo any medical exams in order to take out a Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage policy and Zurich guarantees acceptance for Australian residents aged between 35 and 70.
- Accidental death cover. For the first 12 months of your policy, accidental death only is included in cover. After that period, death by any cause is covered.
- Free cover. The first month of Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage cover is free.
- 24-hour worldwide cover. Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage provides cover 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no matter where you are in the world.
Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage premiums are influenced by the following factors:
- Your level of cover. The higher the sum insured you select, the more your premiums will be.
- Your age. The older you are when cover begins, the more your premiums will be. However, premiums do not increase as you get older.
- Your gender. Funeral insurance premiums generally cost more for men than women.
- Your smoking status. The multiple health risks associated with smoking mean that smokers pay much more for cover than non-smokers.
- Your occupation. High-risk occupations generally cost more to insure than low-risk jobs, so a construction worker will likely pay more for cover than an office worker.
- Your overall health. Your medical history will be taken into account when calculating the cost of your premiums.
- Your pastimes and hobbies. Engaging in high-risk adventure activities may lead to increased premiums.
Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance pays a lump sum benefit if you die. While only cover for accidental death is provided in the first 12 months after your policy commences, death by any cause is covered following that period.
When you apply for cover you will be able to choose your benefit amount. Choices range from $5,000 to $15,000 in $1,000 increments.
If you die due to anything other than accidental death during the first 12 months of your policy, no benefit will be paid. However, you will receive a full refund of your premiums. It’s also worth mentioning that no benefit will be paid if your death is the result of suicide within 12 months of cover commencing or being reinstated.
If you fail to pay your premium within 30 days of its due date, no cover will be available.
If you wish to apply for Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance, you’ll need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Zurich provides guaranteed acceptance to Australian citizens and permanent residents aged between 35 and 70 years of age. Cover can be applied for online by submitting an application form.
- Cooling-off period. A 30-day cooling-off period begins once you receive your policy document. If you change your mind about taking out cover during this period and would like to cancel your policy, you can do so and you will receive a full refund of your premium.
- Insurance issuer. Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance is issued and administered by Zurich Australia Limited.
- Cover terms. Cover begins when Zurich accepts your application and issues you a policy document. It ends when the first of the following occurs:
- A Funeral Benefit is paid
- You fail to pay a premium within 30 days of its due date
- You notify the insurer in writing that you wish to terminate your policy
- You die but the Funeral Benefit is not payable
- Never pay more than the sum insured. Once your total premiums paid equals the amount of the sum insured, you will not have to pay any extra premiums.
- Worldwide cover. Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance covers you anywhere in the world.
- Making a claim. Detailed information about the Zurich Ezicover claims process is contained in the policy document you receive after being accepted for cover.
- Benefits. Benefits under Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance are paid to your estate, but you can contact the insurer to nominate beneficiaries if you wish.
- Guaranteed renewable. As long as you continue paying your premiums on time and meet all other obligations, Zurich cannot cancel your policy.
- Premium payments. Zurich Ezicover Funeral Advantage Insurance premiums are paid monthly via credit card or direct debit.