Cover your family in the future with Bupa Funeral Insurance
When you think about putting money aside for a funeral, there are a myriad of more interesting and exciting things to save for which can quickly sideline this plan. However, as much as you want that tropical holiday, or you know you’ll get so much more use out of a new television, a funeral plan should be the very next thing you do, before you think about buying anything else for your home or family.
With Bupa Funeral Insurance you can receive a benefit payment of up to $50,000 and a 10% loyalty discount if you keep your policy for more than 10 years. Keep reading to learn some of the other benefits of taking out funeral cover with Bupa.
The reality is that it’s not you who will benefit from this type of cover, it is your family you are looking after when you take out funeral insurance. Much of what you do in your everyday life is to benefit and look after your family.
Bupa Funeral Insurance plan includes the following few features and benefits.
- Death Benefit: Bupa will provide a lump sum benefit payment in the event of your death.
- Terminal illness benefit: You can also claim on your Bupa Funeral Insurance if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Flexibility to nominate your cover amount: You can choose a funeral insurance benefit amount from $5,000 to $50,000 in multiples of $5,000. Up to 54 years old, the minimum benefit you can apply for is $10,000.
- Accidental Death-Only Period Cover: Bupa Funeral Insurance will provide cover for the first 24 months on your policy only in the event of accidental death. After the initial 24 months, you will be covered for any cause of death or terminal illness.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Double Benefit: If you die within 90 days as result of an accident caused by a motor vehicle of it occurring, Bupa will double your benefit payment.
- Reward Cover Benefit: With Bupa, health insurance has added benefits for your funeral insurance too, because if you have health insurance and funeral insurance with Bupa, you are eligible for a 10% premium discount, an additional 10% paid on top of all claims, plus the premiums are waived on your health insurance if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Nominate your payment frequency: You can pay your premiums monthly or annually at no extra cost.
- Getting back the value of your premiums paid: When a claim is made on your Bupa funeral insurance, Bupa will calculate how much you have paid in premiums over the life of your policy. If the amount you’ve paid in premiums is greater than the benefit amount you chose for your funeral insurance, you will be paid the total of all premiums paid over the term of the policy.
- Automatic indexation of your benefit: The cost of funeral increases each year just like everything else, so Bupa ensures that your funeral benefit is relevant to the costs of a funeral the time of your family’s claim, by automatically increasing your benefit amount by a minimum of 5% each year.
- Level premiums for the first three years: Your premiums will remain at the same rate for the first three years of your policy.
- Premium waiver at age 90: Once you reach 90 years old, you won’t have to pay any more premiums on your cover, but you will remain protected.
- Loyalty discount: Once you have held your Bupa funeral insurance policy for 10 years, you will receive a loyalty benefit discount of 10%.
- Worldwide cover: Your Bupa Funeral Insurance goes wherever you go, so you remain covered 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no matter where you are in the world.
If you are an Australian resident between 18 and 75 years old, your application for Bupa funeral insurance is guaranteed to be accepted. You don’t have to take any medical or blood tests or answer any health questions.