Benefits of AIA Funeral Protection Cover
If you have a family or anyone who relies on you, there is probably an endless list of obligations and tasks you have to manage in your day to day life. Therefore, you might think that – at least your funeral is one thing you don’t have to worry about taking care of, because you won’t be around to have to organise it.
However, as time consuming and stressful as it can sometimes be to manage a household, you do it so that your family can enjoy the life you planned for them, so after all those years of your careful planning, why would you want to dump the planning and financial worry of your funeral onto your family, at an already difficult time.
What are the Features and Options that AIA Funeral Protection Insurance Policy can Offer You?
- Financial help at a difficult time: The death of a loved one is hard enough to deal with, without adding financial stress as well. With a funeral plan you can’t remove the emotional pain of loss, but you can make sure that your family doesn’t have any other added stress to worry about at a difficult time.
- Guaranteed acceptance: If you are an Australian resident or a New Zealand citizen residing in Australia or you hold a 457 business visa, you can apply for AIA Funeral Protection if you are 17 to 80 years old. You are guaranteed cover as there are no health questions or medical tests.
- Choose the cover amount: You can choose a funeral benefit payout of $5,000 to $30,000 depending on your budget now, and your family’s financial situation. For example, a higher benefit amount means higher premiums now, but means fewer out of pocket expenses at the time of the claim. You can increase your cover amount in increments of $1,000.
- Free cover for three months: For the first three months of your policy, your cover is free, so you have time to adjust your budget to make room for your new insurance product.
- Automatic benefit increases: The benefit amount of your funeral protection plan automatically increases by 5% each year to help ensure the benefit is relevant and valuable when a claim is made. The cost of living is always going up, and AIA want to make sure the funeral benefit payout is able to cover everything you’d planned for when you took out the insurance.
- Accidental death cover: For the first 12 months of holding your funeral protection policy with AIA you are covered for death as the result of an accident only. If you die as the result of an accident in the first 12 months of your policy, your family will receive the full benefit amount. If you die as the result of an accident after 12 months, your family can claim for three times your benefit amount.
- Refund of premiums on a claim in the first 12 months: If you die in the first 12 months of holding your policy and your death is not the result of an accident or a self inflicted injury, your family will be refunded all premiums paid in that time.
- Complete coverage with AIA: After the first 12 months of your policy, your family can make a claim on your funeral protection insurance policy if you die for any reason, including illness, injury, self inflicted injury or suicide.
- World wide protection: No matter where you travel in the world, and at any time of the day or night, your family can make a claim of your funeral protection if you die anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Family cover: You can apply for AIA Funeral Protection for yourself, or for your spouse or a relative to make sure that the whole family is protected. Plus, if you have two or more policies for people in your family living at the same address, you can be eligible for a 10% discount on the premiums of each policy.
- Your choice of payment options: AIA allows you to pay your premiums fortnightly, monthly or yearly, depending on your household budget.
- A 45 day cooling off period: Many insurers will give you just a 30 day cooling off period, however, AIA gives you 45 days to consider your family’s situation and the features of the policy, and whether the policy is suited to you.