AIA funeral insurance
Benefits of AIA MaxLife Final Expenses.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
If you have a family or anyone who relies on you, there is probably an endless list of obligations and tasks you have to manage in your day to day life. Therefore, you might think that – at least your funeral is one thing you don’t have to worry about taking care of, because you won’t be around to have to organise it.
However, as time consuming and stressful as it can sometimes be to manage a household, you do it so that your family can enjoy the life you planned for them, so after all those years of your careful planning, why would you want to dump the planning and financial worry of your funeral onto your family, at an already difficult time.
What are the features and options that AIA MaxLife Final Expenses can offer you?
- Financial help at a difficult time: The death of a loved one is hard enough to deal with, without adding financial stress as well. With a funeral plan you can’t remove the emotional pain of loss, but you can make sure that your family doesn’t have any other added stress to worry about at a difficult time.
- Guaranteed acceptance: If you are an Australian resident or a New Zealand citizen residing in Australia or you hold a 457 business visa, you can apply for AIA MaxLife Final Expenses if you are 18 to 80 years old. You are guaranteed cover as there are no health questions or medical tests.
- Choose the cover amount: You can choose a funeral benefit payout of $5,000 to $15,000 depending on your budget now, and your family’s financial situation. For example, a higher benefit amount means higher premiums now, but means fewer out of pocket expenses at the time of the claim.
- Accidental death cover: For the first 12 months of holding your funeral insurance policy with AIA you are covered for death as the result of an accident only. If you pass away as the result of an accident in the first 12 months of your policy, your family will receive the full benefit amount.
- Refund of premiums on a claim in the first 12 months: If you die in the first 12 months of holding your policy and your death is not the result of an accident or a self inflicted injury, your family will be refunded all premiums paid in that time.
- Complete coverage with AIA: After the first 12 months of your policy, your family can make a claim on your funeral insurance policy.
- World wide protection: No matter where you travel in the world, and at any time of the day or night, your family can make a claim of your funeral insurance if you die anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Joint cover discount: If you have two or more policies for you and your partner, you can be eligible for a 10% discount on the premiums of each policy.
- Your choice of payment options: AIA allows you to pay your premiums fortnightly, monthly or yearly, depending on your household budget.
- A 30 day cooling off period: AIA gives you 30 days to consider your family’s situation and the features of the policy, and whether the policy is suited to you.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro wireless gaming mouse review
The Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro combines the top-tier performance and functionality of the original DeathAdder V2 with excellent wireless connectivity and strong battery life.
Everything you need to know from Apple’s iPhone 12 launch event
Here's what you need to know about the new Apple iPhone 12.
2020 Toyota Camry review
Four expert reviews of the Toyota Camry in one
As Australia reopens, don’t forget travel insurance
Travel insurance isn't just for overseas trips.
Life insurance for 35-year-olds
Compare life insurance policies for 35-year-olds
Carpet cleaning services
How to find a cleaning service to maintain or revive the carpets in your home.
$1 million life insurance policies
Looking for $1 million life insurance? Compare policies here.
Top sites to buy pet supplies online
Read on to discover the best online retailers stocking a great range of pet supplies at affordable prices.
Ask an Expert